Lowest prices for your stay
AU$195
AU$194
Algotels
3,042 results
All reviews the executive lounge victoria square collins bar diamond member central market tram stop gouger street junior suite around the corner lobby bar valet parking an upgrade room service buffet breakfast bit dated hotel is in a great location across the road
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2010

After spending months organising a HUGE function at this venue, spending well into the ten of thousands, it made sense for those of us managing the evening to book a room and stay the night. Now, I never mentioned this to the event manager as I assumed, wrongly it seems, that all rooms are of similar standard and didn't want to push for special service even though we were spending a small fortune there that evening.

We had a room on the sixth floor which stank like stale cigerettes as soon as we exited the lift. The carpet in the hallway was frayed, stained and just generally worn. Our room was well below what I would expect from a 'so-called' five-star' establishment. The bathroom was old brown-green 1970's tile and a very worn and disgusting shower curtain. The decor of the overall room was just as bad. There were cigerette butts on our window ledge. The bed was uncomfortable and the room was very loud in the morning with the buses outside.

The lobby was just as daggy with faded and ripped ottomans. I was bitterly disappointed and embarrassed that this was the best Adelaide could come up with - especially as there is no more Hyatt.

The only saving grace was the amazing banquet staff who helped make out event that evening particularly wonderful. Without their amazing work standard I would be even more furious than I already am.

A few months back we stayed at the 3-star hotel in the city for a wedding and it was a hell of a lot nicer, cleaner and modern. The Hilton should be absolutely ashamed of itself - our experiences were a discgrace and we found concierge to be average, and everything to be ridiculously overpriced. If I hadn't been reimbursed from work for the room I would actually be demanding my money back.

3  Thank Kandy7188
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My partner and I have stayed here twice now and have had a great experience both times. Generally we find it modern and clean, the lobby is slightly dated and the bathrooms could do with an update but good otherwise. The restaurant uses almost entirely South Australian produce and served one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Room service is great and there are nice cocktails to be had in the bar too... We didn't use any of the facilities so can't comment on those.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2010

The location is central and the staff are pretty helpful, breakfast was good if not fairly standard buffet fare. The rooms however are shocking. Seems as though paying over $200 AUD does not get you a refurbished room - carpets worn, strong smell of cleaning products in the room, bathroom is so basic, very average bed and pillows/furnishings etc. How is this a Hilton? I had just come from the new Hilton South Wharf in Melbourne ( and previously the Hilton in Cairns ) which was a similar rate yet light years ahead of this run down hotel. The 'business centre' is a joke - $12 for 1/2 hr with no 24 hr rate? and its a laptop, perched on a tiny round table with a low seat, in an open fairly noisy space. Please don;t expect a business centre. The hotel is not suitable for business stays and I would not stay again. Disappointing.

2  Thank travelstoryAus
Reviewed 10 May 2010

The rooms were comfortable and clean and the breakfast an excellent buffet. We only stayed 2 nights and would certianly use the hotel again. Two surprises were the exhorbitant internet cost, $26 for a 2 hour card, $14 for half an hour, and the unusual 1.5% charge for paying with a credit card

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I got a good deal online and stayed here for business for a weekend in February.

The weather was warm and I used the pool on the Friday afternoon I arrived. I walked through the small but well equipped gym to get there. Pool was small for a 5 star hotel but no problem to get a deck chair. In the afternoon the pool is in shadow, so was a bit cooler than I expected. Staff were friendly and initiated a chat.

I had a refurbished room which was lovely. Crabtree and Evelyn amenties that were well replenished. Great shower and bath in room. Bed very comfortable and no noise that I noticed.

I had breakfast included. It is a fantastic buffet breakfast but if not included is not cheap. They were busy both mornings I ate there but service was still good. Just hate that the only coffee you get is that gross hair on the chest percolated stuff - why can they not include a proper coffee as paying for it on top of breakfast is a bit steep.

This hotel is great for walking to anything you would want in the CBD.

Checkin and check out great, staff noted HiltonsHonours and ensured I was looked after (unlike another Hilton I stayed at, see my other review for March 2010).

Would stay again.