Lowest prices for your stay
AU$195
Melbourne, Australia
Pleasurable Stay mid town
Review of Hilton Adelaide
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 May 2010
The rooms were comfortable and clean and the breakfast an excellent buffet. We only stayed 2 nights and would certianly use the hotel again. Two surprises were the exhorbitant internet cost, $26 for a 2 hour card, $14 for half an hour, and the unusual 1.5% charge for paying with a credit card
Date of stay: May 2010Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.8 km from Hilton Adelaide
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Adelaide
3,042 results
All reviews the executive lounge victoria square collins bar diamond member central market tram stop gouger street junior suite around the corner lobby bar valet parking an upgrade room service buffet breakfast bit dated hotel is in a great location across the road
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I got a good deal online and stayed here for business for a weekend in February.

The weather was warm and I used the pool on the Friday afternoon I arrived. I walked through the small but well equipped gym to get there. Pool was small for a 5 star hotel but no problem to get a deck chair. In the afternoon the pool is in shadow, so was a bit cooler than I expected. Staff were friendly and initiated a chat.

I had a refurbished room which was lovely. Crabtree and Evelyn amenties that were well replenished. Great shower and bath in room. Bed very comfortable and no noise that I noticed.

I had breakfast included. It is a fantastic buffet breakfast but if not included is not cheap. They were busy both mornings I ate there but service was still good. Just hate that the only coffee you get is that gross hair on the chest percolated stuff - why can they not include a proper coffee as paying for it on top of breakfast is a bit steep.

This hotel is great for walking to anything you would want in the CBD.

Checkin and check out great, staff noted HiltonsHonours and ensured I was looked after (unlike another Hilton I stayed at, see my other review for March 2010).

Would stay again.

Date of stay: February 2010
1  Thank Flipfeet11
Reviewed 27 April 2010

The four-star rating of Adelaide Hilton hotel is the most it can get, but I found sufficient reasons to downgrade it to 3+ stars. The lobby is quite dull and the first impression of shabbiness was magnified when I entered the fifth floor: the carpet was worn out and the walls indicated need of fresh paint. The state of the room was much the same; it should have been refurbished years ago. The curtains had stains and the furniture clear signs of long and faithful service. During my week-long stay there was at least one day when the room was not vacuumed—bread crusts from my evening meal on the floor after the room had been “cleaned.” A constant faint smell of sewage lingered in the bathroom. Not what you expect from a four-starer.

Some room amenities were planned for another age. There were only two possible wall outlets close to the table. One was used by the television, the other by the desk lamp. I wanted to unplug the desk lamp to power my computer, but my bulky Europe-to-rest-of-world adapter covered both outlets. I could either watch TV or charge the laptop, but not both at the same time. I could also not find any solid object on which to hook up the laptop’s safety chain.

Common with most hotels, Adelaide Hilton has noisy air conditioning fans to the rear. If your room is to the rear on one of the lower floors, you do not want to leave the window open for the night (and on the front side is the noisy street). Luckily the windows suppress most of the noise.

Positive marks go to the Hilton’s central location and friendly staff. I was truly happy to get a room at 7 am after a two-night flight from Europe. Further, the hotel is located next to Gouger Street, the main restaurant street in Adelaide’s business district.

Date of stay: April 2010
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Simply everything is as it should be. I've stayed here maybe a dozen times over the years. It's just no fuss, professional and excellent quality.

And the ground floor lounge bar isn't bad either !!

If you like good restaurant then walk out the front door and turn right and head to Googyer Street ... plenty of good places there to choose from.

Date of stay: February 2010
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Had a great 2 night stay at this hotel. 15 min drive from the airport, so the taxi fare won't kill you. The tram is right across the road which is very convenient, especially when feeling lazy. The staff were very friendly and attentive.

However, we stayed in an unrenovated room which looked like a trip back to the 1980's. We loved it though as it was a good laugh! We think we got it because we booked using Wotif.com to save money, as the other floors of the hotel are renovated.

The breakfast was amazing! So much to choose from and an omlette chef. Was so full afterwards.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Location was central, rooms big and clean. I contacted consierge prior to arriving at Hilton, and they were very helpful. I only ate breakfast in the hotel, and this was nice. Some very good chinese restaurants around the corner, a supermarket and shops also close. Car park is expensive, I'm not sure if this is just Hilton or Adelaide as a whole (the parking is not on site)

On arrival the consierge was very good and helpful with maps.

The downside in service came from the main desk, I had 2 nights b&B and 1 night room only. On one of my B&B nights I had to leave early for a day return flight to Kangaroo Island, I asked if I could move the breakfast to the following day, I was told it was not possible. So I explained I was having to be at the airport early, and could they provide an early breakfast? This was also refused!!!

The wake up call didn't happen, but fortunately I had a back-up, and there was a problem with my bill at the end. Everything seemed just too much trouble for the desk staff, which is a shame as service elsewhere was very good.

This hotel seems to be geared more for business than tourists.

Unfortunately, I rank customer service very high, if you do, this is probably not the best hotel for you, however they sometimes do good cost deals which you may be able to live with

Date of stay: October 2009