“Hilton International Adelaide”

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Melbourne, Australia
“Hilton International Adelaide”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Excellent location near Chinatown, good selection of local restaurants. Hotel facilities very good, room size and quality excellent. Only concern if travelling by car is that car parking at hotel is expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Griffos4,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased that you were happy with your stay and the facilities the hotel provides. We are fortunate to be located in the hub of Victoria Square in walking distance to the Central Markets and China Town and close to other popular shopping areas.

I did note your comments in regards to the cost of car parking. As we are located in the city there is limited parking available. We do offer valet parking for $34 and a self-parking option for $18 per day if you would prefer a cheaper option. We do find that valet parking is the preferred option for most guests due to convenience. I hope this helps you for your next trip.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was lovely and clean, however the bath was dirty. This was the only negative point of our stay. Concierge were extremely polite and friendly. The buffet breakfast was excellent. We have stayed here a few times already and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Angela T,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and thank you for your continued loyalty.

I appreciate your positive comments regarding the service you received from the team and I am pleased you were happy with your room and breakfast provided. I did note your remarks in regards to the dirty bath which will be passed to our Executive Housekeeper to ensure more care is taken on the final presentation of the rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Staying here for work was such a pleasure, staff were helpful. My room was ready when I checked in for my conference at 8am which was awesome! Free room upgrade, good views of the city and perfect for a stroll through the markets. Brekkie was included in my room which was great and valet parking made it all hassle free. Worth the money, will be back soon-best place I have stayed at in Adelaide CBD.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear louiev00,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were pleased with the upgrade and service you received from the team.

Our Executive Chef and his team take great pride in creating fine dishes made from fresh local ingredients for the Brasserie Restaurant and I am pleased that you found the choices to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Wanted to stay in town for a night to celebrate my husbands birthday. Went on quite a few websites & finally picked a 5 star mystery location. We got the Hilton. Deal was for $199 for a deluxe room, valet parking, sparkling wine, buffet breakfast & 1pm check out. We arrived promptly at 2. We, as smokers, requested a smoking room so placed in a room on the 3rd floor. Could smell the smoke once we got out of the lift. The room was okay but definately not deluxe. We went down to reception & asked if this was a deluxe room. "No it is not, we do not have any smoking rooms in the deluxe section". No problem to move us to a deluxe room. We could smoke on level 2, 3 & the front entrance. We moved. A much nicer room on the 13th floor. We got our sparkling wine, fluffy bathrobes, a cool bathroom & a comfy bed.
The buffet breakfast was a great treat. We got there at 9.30am ate a good array of breakfast staples. We grazed until breakie finished at 11am. Went back to our room & had marvelous showers under the waterfall showhead. Valet bought our car at 1pm & then we went 6kms home to do the washing, cleaning cooking etc. but it was much easier to do after 24 hour of chill.

Room Tip: do not be afraid to ask for an upgrade. I feel if it is available they will only be happy to move yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cjhpink
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear cjhpink,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your buffet breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant. We have many choices available on the buffet made from fresh local ingredients and I am pleased you were able to experience this.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the on line booking for a deluxe package. As you are now aware we do provide smoking rooms however they are restricted to the third floor in Hilton Guest Rooms. I apologise for the confusion with this booking however I am pleased this was resolved to your satisfaction when you were moved to a non-smoking deluxe room as requested.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Having stayed at the Hilton Hotel Adelaide many times previously, found this trip a bit average. The third elevator is still under repair (for some months now) and is difficult to notice which elevator ia avalable unless you stand well back to view all of them. The rooms need some new carpet and need a freshen up to update them. Otherwise they are clean and tidy. The shower head in my room this time had corrosion and mould on it which wasn't very appealing. Staff in the restaurant are generally ok, although one or two could use a bit of customer service training. I will give them another chance to see if this continues otherwise I will switch hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Dear SeanP,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your feedback in relation to the lifts. As you are aware we are in the process of an extensive lift upgrade. To avoid inconvenience to our guests we have been upgrading one lift at a time and we expect all of them to be completed by early 2014. I understand your frustration however this is a necessary improvement to the hotel.

We have recently completed some minor upgrades to the guest rooms with plans in place for improvements in the near future. Your comments relating to the shower head in your room have been noted and passed to our Chief Engineer for investigation. I also note your comments relating to the lack of customer service you experienced in the restaurant. This has been discussed with our Restaurant Manager to ensure the team are reminded of the importance of providing a five star service. I apologise for your disappointment and I hope you will allow me the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.