“Great Food & Wine”

Press* Food & Wine
Ranked #33 of 1,891 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Specialising in wood-grilled steak and seafood - salads, share plates, tasting menu option - reservations taken upstairs, walk-ins welcome.
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

My fourth visit to the wonderful Press. Great food and plenty of it. An amazing mix of intertwining tastes from the food complimented by a more than adequate wine list. Highly recommend a visit or three

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a reviewReviews (864)

Reviewed 14 May 2017

On this occasion we at the more casual communal tables but there is finer dining upstairs. Getting up onto the stools was a slight challenge for an old duck like me, but once seated I thoroughly enjoy my meal and experience. Love the sharing type plates, we shared several starters and then I had ordered a pork rib salad. It was delicious! We then shared a dessert of smoked figs and mascarpone. Also delicious! Definitely recommend Press, especially with a crowd.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We were returning from a long weekend and decided to fill the 4 hr wait for our flight with a long lunch. it was lovely to be sure of the kitchen still providing lunch after 2pm. We chose the tasting menu and left ourselves in our waitress hands. Enjoyed every mouthful of the dishes that followed. It was also a great to have the option to have a half bottle, served in lovely lab style glass vials. It was a wonderful experience

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I had steak tartare- I asked the waitress if it was thinly prepared and I couldn't hear her answer when it arrived I had a mr bean experience of freaking out with a huge lump of raw unappetising meat. I had steak as a main meal it was ok and the salad I bought was fresh. The downstairs area is too noisy to think. The staff were pleasant enough

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 3 May 2017

There as a group for a fun catch up and the expectation of good food, we were left very disappointed.
We ordered reisling and some red and both ran out after two bottles for a group of six.
In any other restaurant when serving a group, the right response when ordering would be to inform us of the lack of stock.
Being in a booth, it was also tricky to reach and refill glasses which were ignored.
Entrees were served and one of the guests was at that time informed that that dish was no longer available! Timing!! When served the main meal to the same guest, it was entree size not main.
My papadelle pasta was disgraceful. A smidgen of crab with congealed pasta stuck together...inedible. Others meat dishes were good, but the whole experience Rui ed by the waitress and all events that followed. She was rude, resentful that she was working, yet laughing and carrying on behind the bar.
At the finish of the evening, staff were sitting up at the bar chatting at the end of their shift...extraordinary!
The one ladies toilet was also disgraceful

What a shame! Dreadful!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank hungry c
Emma K, Press* Food & Wine team at Press* Food & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Thank you so much for your time on the phone earlier. It was great to chat and get a better understanding of your experience.

We are on top of it!