“Great Bar Snacks”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2018

That's actually an understatement - the bar snacks were some of the best anywhere (not just Adelaide). We enjoyed the arancini and the chicken skewers and both were just brilliant. Had breakfast the next morning and that was a bit of a comedy of errors with hot food that was barely warm and no cups and saucers at the serve yourself tea and coffee. The pastries were outstanding though and the fruit selection was also very good quality.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

To be fair, we were looking for a later lunch, so thought Red Salt would be a safe bet.
The restaurant area with tables was closed, so they had the booths area open for meals. You had to order at the bar and they delivered to your booth.
My wife had the Caesar Salad with chicken, which she thought was fabulous. One of the best she ever had.
I had the Butter Chicken, which was just OK. The rice was very gluggy.
Service wasn't great. They delivered the meals with no cutlery. The waiter went off to get some and it took so long that I went searching for him. He was busy folding the napkins to look nice, which is good but not when my rice was getting cold.
Then the bar staff went missing when I wanted to order some more drinks.
Then there was the big search for my credit card when I wanted to pay. That was a worry.
It has a nice atmosphere and we were relaxed but just a few hiccups.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Located on the ground floor of the Crowne Plaza, this is a good place to get a satisfying meal at a decent price. We had a trio of sliders and some salt and pepper calamari. The staff were lovely and the food was very nice.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

We went on a Saturday night and it was really busy. The staff were great but rushed. The menu was small but easy to find something you liked. I had the prawns for entree and they were huge and nicely cooked. I had the seafood linguine for main course, this serving was massive but the seafood quantity was OK. Can't fault the meal tasty and lovely. My partner had the steak, it was tiny but he said it was cooked perfectly, just too small for a man. Good prices.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

If you are staying at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, don't miss this restaurant. The steaks are huge and the King prawns are big. Just don't order rare or even medium rare for the steaks as they are too thick and can be chewy. The menu is good for at least 3 dinners in different configurations. And leave enough room for after dinner drinks and conversations.

Rob S, General Manager at Redsalt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Levi1288,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotels restaurant - Redsalt. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards,