All reviewsnorth adelaideo'connell streetflight pathgreat locationoff street parkingchildren's hospitalpublic transportwalking distancefree busadelaide ovalcontinental breakfastswimming poolaround the cornerroom ratean overnight stayfirst floordefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 24 January 2018

We have stayed here before and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Check in was smooth and there are plenty of parking spaces available, The room was ok for the price although this was the second time in a row we had to ask staff for another key as the original didn't work.Also if you don't mind the noise of being in the Airport flightpath then thats ok.Location wise there is a Cinema accross the road, 24 hour Bakery and heaps of dining/ hotels to cater for everyone. It is basic but ok for a few nights stay.

Room Tip: make sure the key opens the door
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
StaceyTanner11, Manager at Comfort Inn Regal Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Tonyl323

Many thanks for staying with us once again, it's always a pleasure to welcome back regular guests. Thank you for highlighting our friendly and helpful staff members I will be sure to pass this feedback onto the team. From housekeeping to the front desk we make sure that our service never changes and we strive to deliver high customer service throughout each department. Our location is so close to all those wonderful attractions I hope you got to go to the famous O'Connell Street Bakery :) Stacey

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Recently painted but fixtures and fittings are dated. The hotel was able to accommodate a room change for us when the bathroom light was found to be not working but only after they had a cancellation. They let the room knowing the light didn't work. On the plus side it was clean, quiet, beds were good, location suited us and the price was reasonable. Be aware that this hotel and north Adelaide generally is on the flight path for most flights landing at Adelaide airport. Would stay again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Hi Jgundy69

Thank you for your feedback and reviewing us, we appreciate the feedback. Later this year we will be undergoing some renovations and we are all excited for that to happen. I am sorry that your stay was not 100% I have reviewed our systems and to make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you for acknowledging our terrific housekeeping staff and the clean rooms, we certainly strive to make sure that our cleaning is of a high standard and our beds are comfortable giving you a great nights sleep. Once again thank you for your review , we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Pros:
Staff was very friendly, courteous, and tried their best to be helpful
Convenient location
Clean room
Very nice swimming pool
Ample parking

Cons:
Two stories but no lift (elevator)
Warning that you may be charged $800 if you take a shower with the bathroom door open and set off the smoke alarm
No business center
Very sparse continental breakfast
Minimal electrical outlets in room
No blow dryer in room

I arrived early and was accommodated with an early check in which was very nice. At all times the staff was friendly and tried their best to be helpful. Although 3 days into my reservation I couldn't get a clear answer on whether breakfast was included in my room rate.

Most of the floors are on the 2nd floor but the hotel only has stairs. Although, the man at check in offered to help me with my bag but I declined.

The hotel does not have a business center or any public computer access.

The continental breakfast ($10) consists of coffee, juice, cereal and bread (toast). There is no fresh fruit, rolls, pastries or anything else you may expect. You can order larger breakfasts off the menu for an additional charge.

The room is basic, clean and functional but lacks amenities that are common in other hotels. There are only two electrical outlets outside of the bathroom. The bathroom has stand up shower only. There is no hair dryer in the room.

A sign on the bathroom door warns you to not leave the door open when you shower or it may set off the smoke alarm and you will be charged $800 for the fire department.
In many years of traveling the world this is a first for me. Perhaps they could get better smoke detectors or put them in a more appropriate location?

The swimming pool is large and very nice. It is great for swimming laps or just hanging out.

The location is in close walking distance to many restaurants, shops and parks in North Adelaide.

If you have a room by the street it can be noisy at night, I was awakened one night by loud people on the street outside, but this only happened on on night out of six.

The hotel desk in not attended after 8pm. You will be given a key fob to open the door. The room keys are conventional mechanical lock type with your room number and hotel name printed on the key chain. If you lose your key, the finder would know which room he/she could access. I don't recall hotel keys like this in maybe the last 20 years?

The hotel does not offer laundry or dry cleaning services, but there is a self service washer and dryer.

Overall I expect there are much better choices for hotels in Adelaide.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street for more quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
StaceyTanner11, Manager at Comfort Inn Regal Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear IIP2

Thank you for your most recent review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of North Adelaide along with our clean rooms and wonderful staff. We do ask that our guests shut the bathroom doors to avoid the emergency services coming out unnecessary. Unfortunately our property doesn't have a business centre however if our guests have any printing to do they are welcome to send us the file and we are happy to print out documents or boarding passes. Once again we thank you for your review. Stacey

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is a great location. Close to many cafes and restaurants. Walk to Adelaide Womens and children's hospital. North Adelaide village has local banks, great fruit and vegetable shop, and a bookshop called 'Booked'.

Room Tip: Ground floor close to front entrance
Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
StaceyTanner11, Manager at Comfort Inn Regal Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hi Elizabeth C L

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We too think our location is in the perfect spot and we love how quite we are. North Adelaide Village has plenty of shops as you mentioned and restaurants along O'Connell Street, the hardest decision its choosing what to eat!. Once again thank you for your review I hope to see you soon when you visit Adelaide. Stacey

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I am in a party of 44 who are staying at this hotel (Comfort Inn Regal Park) for 6 nights. From the start we were greeted warmly, with quick service including taking care of our luggage and pointing us in the right direction. The meals have been of a good standard, served promptly and with pleasantness . A welcome free beverage was well received.

The rooms are comfortable and roomy and meet one’s every needs.

We are close by local restaurants too, with a charming park opposite.

A happy stay here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Sonia

Thank you for your review on our wonderful property here in North Adelaide. I certainly had a wonderful week being your groups host. I'm delighted to hear that your stay was great and the welcome you received from my team and I was warm and that we could take care of the groups bags to their rooms. My team and I pride ourselves delivering personable service. We truly understand when people are booking holidays that they have a choice on where to visit, however I am glad you choose Adelaide and more so our hotel. Once again thank you for the review I look forward to welcoming you or all 44 of you again to our property. Stacey