“Meat to please!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2018

Four guests, four steaks, four bottles of Red and many laughs.
Service was a little lacking, perhaps a little more attention could've been given although our waiter certainly knew his stuff and had a great wit and sense of humour.
The Steaks were cut beautifully and cooked to perfection, oozing flavour.
Would certainly recommend the 600gm T-Bone!

Reviewed 5 December 2018 via mobile

Six of us booked in for dinner at 7pm. Interestingly, the online system said.only reservations were at 9pm, so I called to make the reservations.

Good things. The wine list is extensive, and not excessively expensive. The menu has a geat breadth of choices. The smell when you walk in is incredible. You can smell the grill, the spices, and the heady combination of great foods.

The not so good things.
Service is glacially slow. It started well, then fell off a cliff. We arrived at 7:10 and departed at 9:50. Most of that time was spent waiting for something to happen. The menu is extensive, but early on a Tuesday evening several options were sold out - including some of the specials. What reataurant sells out of their specials before the main dinner crowd arrives? The cut of meat I had (Angus steak ordered rare) was chewy. It tasted great, but at that price and with an hour wait for it to come out after the appetizers were finished it was disappointing.

General comments:
This is an Argentinian restaurant, so remember to order vegetables if you want them. Vegetables were a highlight.

Also, it's a steak restaurant, so don't bring your vego friends. Having said that, we had a vegetarian and the chef rustled up a magnificent looking cheese platter (kind of a fondue, but not really) that was apparently excellent.

Prices are about what you'd expect for a good restaurant, but were actually a bit lower than I anticipated. With two bottles of solid wine (not extravagant) we paid just under $80 per person (not including coffees or desserts - we couldn't wait any longer and had to ask for the bill).

Meals served to my dinner companions were better than mine (the brazed goat was apparently magnificent - but the main goat dish was unavailable that night). Other steaks were also better, being less chewy and tastier than mine.

All up, pretty good, but a few key things didn't come off as they should have.

Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

I had cause to dine alone and after receiving a recommendation from a stranger in the tram from glenelg to the city, thought I'd give it a shot. The staff lovely and fitted me in despite no booking. I did ask to 'just feed me' but they baulked at the prospect so menu it was. The house bread with home made chimmichuri was brought out immediately and made a great to start. The waitress (Cathy but was Vietnamese with a Colombian accent) dutifully showed me the wine by the glass! Lol. Bottle or nothing is how I ride. When the first course quail arrived, I was ready. It's flavours and cooking great and I had no qualms using my hands. It's was simply marinated but tasty and not over cooked. The main was char grilled king prawns with lime chilli and coriander (cilantro for our northern friends) was excellent but the rocket salad surprised me and was fresh and zesty. The fresh wet towel also a great touch. I'd happily come back as the steaks on the other tables looked fab

Reviewed 18 November 2018

Unfortunately on the day we went the meat was pretty average - at best... It was well cooked, but quite tough.

Aside from that service was good and venue was pleasant. But when the steak at a steakhouse disappoints, you're left feeling empty inside. :(

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

A fantastic cosy restaurant with great decor in theme with Argentinia, an extensive menu with plenty of meaty choices. All our meals were top notch, cooked to perfection, tasted great and fully complimented by some very good bottles of red wine from the extensive wine list.

Date of visit: November 2018