I had some reservations after reading other reviews but, this place was perfect. I have travelled a lot and normally don't return but, I will certainly come back to Whitsunday Apartments. Yes, the tiles were a little chipped and outdated but, the location, the views, the roomy living area, the kitchen and the beds were all perfect!! They say towels will only be changed every four days , but often we were asked if we wanted new towels - this applies for the towels in your room and the beach towels. The kitchen is a good size if you want to self cater. We ordered our groceries with Coles online and when we checked in, our groceries were there ready and waiting in our room. We were on the 6th floor and had a beautiful view. Sunrise and sunsets are gorgeous on this island. During our stay, I'm guessing because of school holidays, they had a free jumping castle and face painting down by the pool.
The pool at the apartments is not heated so a bit chilly at this time of the year but, you are able to swim in all of the pools on the island, (well the ones along the beach). The heated pool is at the Reef View Hotel next door. They also do yummy dinners, (duck for entree was beautiful!)
We had a breakfast voucher at the Wildlife Park, which was very cute. Just a nice little stroll down the road and you get a wonderful buffet breakfast sitting amongst a few Koalas and sometimes extra friendly birds!! (Saw one man have a piece of bacon taken from his plate and then soon after little girl lose her sausage to the same Kookaburra, so be careful!!) The park is very small but, they take you on tours to feed the wallabies, you can get a photo cuddling a Koala, its really cute. It's fun to hire a golf buggy and drive around the island and I have to say the highlight for us was taking the helicopter back from Reef World. Absolutely spectacular. I think that if you are on a budget the 10 -15 minute trip over the reef would be well worth it. Beautiful flying over heart reef!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island is apartment-style living in a truly tropical holiday destination in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Adjacent to Catseye Beach on the resort side of Hamilton Island, the Whitsunday Apartments are the perfect setting for a relaxed, romantic or adventure holiday.Whitsunday Apartments is the ideal destination for holidaymakers who prefer the independence of apartment accommodation. Each apartment offers a well-appointed kitchen, dual-access bathroom, large open-plan living area and a spacious balcony offering ocean or lush tropical garden views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Otel, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island Hotel Hamilton Island
- Whitsunday Holiday Apartments Hamilton Island
- Whitsunday Holiday Apartments Hotel
- Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island Whitsunday Islands