From the minute you arrive, you are pampered. We stayed in an Anchor Bay suite which allows you to almost walk out onto the beach. Fantastic snorkeling is then possible just a few meters from the shore. The are multiple other locations to go snorkeling or scuba diving although we just did snorkeling
Can't say enough about the food. It was superb. The staff are there to make sure you are pampered and no request is too big or small.
Yes, it is expensive but you only live once---you have to experience this at least once in your life
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lizard Island is truly secluded from the rest of the world. With 24 powdery-white beaches and 40 luxurious suites, it is the most northern resort in tropical Queensland and is located directly on the Great Barrier Reef. A National Park covering 1,013 hectares with 24 sandy beaches and a lagoon, Lizard Island is accessible only by private charter from Cairns Airport in northern Queensland, Australia. Cairns Airport is accessible from all major Australian airports and directly from some cities in Asia. The island is reserved for the fortunate few who will experience an unforgettable holiday like no other. Enjoy secluded picnics and sunset beach degustation on private beaches, five star cuisine in the beautiful Salt Water restaurant and indulgent spa treatments in the Essentia Day Spa. Relax in style in premium accommodation and take in the wonders of Australia's Great Barrier Reef - right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lizard Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lizard Island Hotel Lizard Island
- Lizard Island Resort All Inclusive