a very unassuming hotel amongst the natural bush by the sea.
Very clean and well maintained.
Plenty to do and not to do. A great pool and plenty of bush walks.
The day spa was amazing.
Highly recommend doing the beauty spots tour and whale watching(if in season)
The maheno restaurant was great value.
Watch out for the different happy hours at their various bars. It could save you a small fortune.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island