Open today: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
2 Days Fraser Island

This was a great trip with a small group of 6 people. Our guide Rhett made the trip perfect. He... read more

Reviewed 21 January 2024
Peti_bet
via mobile
Loved the trip

Our guide Rhett was very knowledgeable and friendly! We loved the trip and would definitely... read more

Reviewed 14 December 2023
Kate R

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around K'gari (Fraser Island)
from AU$273.00
from AU$699.00
from AU$459.00
from AU$499.00
More Info
All reviews moreton island day trip guide jeff days camping sand boarding rainbow beach great tour small group lake mckenzie fraser island trip one night an adventure an amazing trip jai campsite knowledge itinerary
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2021

Unfortunately after our experience with our tour I cannot give this company a good review. Despite raising my issues with at least 2 of the tour guides and providing comprehensive feedback at the end of the tour, I have not had any contact from the company to address my complaints. Essentially my kids and I were part of the first tour after the bushfire and extreme weather. Our tour guide told us upon meeting us that we were the 'experiment group' as Sunrover had not sent any staff to the island or campsite to check it for damage before sending new tour groups. Also in the lead up to our tour I received no communication from the company to prepare us for our visit apart from that which I sought regarding the status of our tour in light of the fires. Thankfully the island was still beautiful but the campsite was not. My kids and I are regular campers and not precious but when we were told to try to find a tent that was not filled with water, I was not happy. A lot of the tents were old anyway and had broken zips etc so finding one that was habitable was a challenge. All that was provided for bedding were old communal sleeping bags taken from a plastic tub stored at the campsite (goodness knows how often they are laundered) and old mattresses. We managed to find tents with canvas covered mattresses thankfully as the fabric covered mattresses looked disgusting and unhygienic. My 13 yo daughter found a dustpan and brush and cleaned our tents out so that we could use them, Our tour guide then told us that two more groups were arriving the following day and it was his job to fix the campsite for them. Noting he was our tour guide I didn't think that was appropriate and raised my concerns that perhaps Sunrover should have sent out a small team to do that. Lucky for the next 2 groups our guide spent the following afternoon cleaning out all the tents so that when they arrived they had clean dry tents. By this point the entirety of our tour had sought cabins for our final night. (Big thank-you to the Dilli Village caretakers for accommodating us). On our second night there were three tour groups in total. All the tour guides were aware that I was unhappy with what we were greeted with but there were no apologies and I was made to feel that I had to 'suck it up' as we were the first group after the storm. The other two groups seemed to be having a great time but they were only there for one night. In hindsight one night would have been enough. Whilst we did enjoy the beauty of FI, I would not recommend this tour company unless you are after the backpacker, budget experience.

Date of experience: December 2020
Tour28997446942, Front Office Manager at Sunrover Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2021

Louisa.
Your tour was the first available after the bushfires and the first day of Fraser island re-opening to the public.
The night before your tour to Fraser the island was hit with a severe storm and heavy rain.
Yes, we did not have time to visit camp before your arrival due to the 2 week island closure - however upon arrival our guide did some maintenance work to allow his group of five tents to sleep in. The following day we had more guides arrive and they too assisted with the restoration of camp.
Our guides did the absolute best of their ability to ensure their guests enjoyed their stay and were treated to some of the most beautiful destinations in the country. The feedback on both your tour and the following tours that weekend was almost universally positive.
Our sleeping bags and sheets are brought back & laundered after every tour. The box you saw were the unused bags provided for your group.
Our campsite at Dilli is privately owned, fully dingo fenced, generator powered with fridge and freezer for guests. We also offer hot showers and flushing toilets.

Sorry you let the unfortunate (and temporary) event with the campsite taint your experience with us.

Reviewed 4 January 2021

Highly recommend Sunrover for Social Group Adventures,

Organized a 3 Day Camping 4WD Tour with Sunrover for my social group of 28 people. The crew from Sunrover look after us from start to finish with the transportation and accommodation, they had great knowledge of the Island and accommodated everybody's dietary requirements to detail.

After driving us around to all the places of interest each day, they cook us a great feast, held a card magic show, and even guided us down to the beach for night stargazing.

Their campsite at Dilli Village Campsite was clean, tidy and convenient, everyone enjoyed their two nights stay at this campsite, good shower facilities as well with running hot water and flushing toilets. The Tea Tree Lake near the campsite was an additional bonus.

It was great to see that Lake McKenzie, Lake Wobby, and Eli Creek were not affected by the 2020 bushfires.

Thanks Sunrover for looking after us, we all have a great time :)

Date of experience: January 2021
1  Thank darryldaz
Reviewed 30 December 2020

Fantastic place with an excellent tour. Our awesome tour guide Mark is very helpful and friendly. He knows a lot about the island and told us lots of interesting stories and information. He made a good arrangement on the trip and always did the best to make the trip great. The campsite is way cleaner than I expect. Delicious meals in Aussie style.

1  Thank lyk729
Reviewed 30 December 2020

Our group of 8 (ages late 20/30’s) did the 3day Morton island tour and it was amazing! Would highly recommend. I would suggest that you ask for tour guide Wayne as he was an absolute legend and made the trip that much more enjoyable. Wayne cooked tasty meals, had a ton of knowledge about the history, wildlife and even the geology of the area.

1  Thank X3941SJjs
Reviewed 30 December 2020

3 days Moreton with Wayne. He's a cool dude, baked us the best burgers I had in a long time. He's an awesome guide as well, will def ask for him if I go to Fraser later.

2  Thank bvanderh