Open today: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
2 Days Fraser Island

This was a great trip with a small group of 6 people. Our guide Rhett made the trip perfect. He... read more

Reviewed 21 January 2024
Peti_bet
via mobile
Loved the trip

Our guide Rhett was very knowledgeable and friendly! We loved the trip and would definitely... read more

Reviewed 14 December 2023
Kate R

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around K'gari (Fraser Island)
from AU$273.00
from AU$699.00
from AU$519.00
from AU$569.00
More Info
All reviews moreton island day trip guide jeff days camping sand boarding rainbow beach great tour small group lake mckenzie fraser island trip one night an adventure an amazing trip jai campsite knowledge itinerary
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2020

I have been traveling in Australia and signed up for the 3day tour of Fraser Island. The tour was absolutely mind blowing and our guide Myles went above and beyond, Sharing his favorite spots with us as well as his incredible knowledge about the island. Highly recommend! Big thanks again to Myles :)

1  Thank 524ailinv
Reviewed 21 March 2020

I've spent two months in Australia. Apparently, my first trip after arriving on this continent was with Sunrover Tours to Moreton Island. I booked also two days Fraser Tour with Sunrover just before I left Australia. Both of these tours were so great! Probably one of these best experiences of my life. The guides - very friendly, informative and patient.
I am already missing those, so distant right now, places and people. Sometimes my friends are saying, they are afraid of traveling to Australia, because of some venomous animals, sharks, and crocodiles. For all these days in Australia, I had the opportunity to watch them safely only in the ZOO. On the other hand, I met so many great people in all places.
Fire ashes are going to finally fall down, borders probably are going to be opened again sooner or later. If you will go to these places in Australia, and if you will trust great guides as ones from Sunrover Tours - the memories are going to be with you forever!
Thanks for a great time - Sunrover Tours!

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 20 March 2020

The food service was great and the food quality was good. ELLIE CREEK has magnificent shiny water and the fish in it are beautiful. at Indian head there was an impressive view of the ocean. DRIVER Mark was my driver and he was the best!!!

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 16 March 2020

I think I have seen too much in my life to not be impressed by this place. Lake McKenzie was pretty but nothing special. In general, Fraser Island had not much to offer for someone who has travelled a lot. I guess it's one of those places where I can say it's 'done and dusted'.

My disappointment though came from the trip itself - the bus, the camping site. What a disgrace. Very old 4x4 came to pick us up. All dirty and shaky. Rusting away - literally. After few hours, 10 of us were in pain from sitting on 'no cushioned' seats. Can't describe the pain. It's like your back bone doesn't exist no more. Seats weren't the standard row ones but left and right benches. As we all were adults - we literally didn't know what to do with our legs. Camping site had only permanently raised tents which were dirty, full of sand inside and of course bugs outside. To be expected if these tents are never being taken down for a clean. I looked into good 6 before choosing 'the least' dirty one. Bed bugs would be highly expected - the state of these mattresses - I swear, something else. Extremely disappointing. I will be raising complaint with the office without a doubt. The most disappointing and the most expensive trip I have been on in Australia.

Tour guide apologised multiple times for the state of the tents and the car but as he said - this is want company provides and there is nothing he can do. He was a sweet guy and tried to make our trip as good as possible even though, all we wanted is to get home as our bodies were so tired thanks to the least comfortable car - and you do spend most of your time in the car on this trip of course. Didn't hear good things about Sunrover Tours on this trip either.

Mind you, there was a miss-match with bookings so they added 2 extra people to our car when departing Brisbane. Great bonus that we hated.

What can I say, heaps of people wouldn't mind or were lucky to had a good transfer. We, unfortunately, weren't. Will be avoiding this company for damn sure.

Thanks

2  Thank naap89
Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

Honestly, this trip was beyond incredible! Myles made the whole experience so much fun, informative and adventurous! Hands down the best driving I’ve ever seen and the music and conversations made the trip! My Mom and I loved it and I’m already planning my next trip back. Thank you Myles! :)

1  Thank S9195JBjacquelinet