Open today: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great experience, highly recommended!

Great tour to Fraser Island. Small groups, which makes it more intime and you get to know each... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Caro N
via mobile
Great tour and itinerary on Fraser Island

Had a great time on the 3 day Fraser Island tour. Wayne was good fun and ensured that we were... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from USD 413.18
from USD 126.19
from USD 359.82
More Info
All reviews moreton island day trip sand boarding days camping great tour camping experience lake mckenzie great knowledge awesome guide beautiful island an adventure one night champagne pools eurong resort jai wayne campsite
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2020

The food service was great and the food quality was good. ELLIE CREEK has magnificent shiny water and the fish in it are beautiful. at Indian head there was an impressive view of the ocean. DRIVER Mark was my driver and he was the best!!!

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 16 March 2020

I think I have seen too much in my life to not be impressed by this place. Lake McKenzie was pretty but nothing special. In general, Fraser Island had not much to offer for someone who has travelled a lot. I guess it's one of those places where I can say it's 'done and dusted'.

My disappointment though came from the trip itself - the bus, the camping site. What a disgrace. Very old 4x4 came to pick us up. All dirty and shaky. Rusting away - literally. After few hours, 10 of us were in pain from sitting on 'no cushioned' seats. Can't describe the pain. It's like your back bone doesn't exist no more. Seats weren't the standard row ones but left and right benches. As we all were adults - we literally didn't know what to do with our legs. Camping site had only permanently raised tents which were dirty, full of sand inside and of course bugs outside. To be expected if these tents are never being taken down for a clean. I looked into good 6 before choosing 'the least' dirty one. Bed bugs would be highly expected - the state of these mattresses - I swear, something else. Extremely disappointing. I will be raising complaint with the office without a doubt. The most disappointing and the most expensive trip I have been on in Australia.

Tour guide apologised multiple times for the state of the tents and the car but as he said - this is want company provides and there is nothing he can do. He was a sweet guy and tried to make our trip as good as possible even though, all we wanted is to get home as our bodies were so tired thanks to the least comfortable car - and you do spend most of your time in the car on this trip of course. Didn't hear good things about Sunrover Tours on this trip either.

Mind you, there was a miss-match with bookings so they added 2 extra people to our car when departing Brisbane. Great bonus that we hated.

What can I say, heaps of people wouldn't mind or were lucky to had a good transfer. We, unfortunately, weren't. Will be avoiding this company for damn sure.

Thanks

1  Thank naap89
Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

Honestly, this trip was beyond incredible! Myles made the whole experience so much fun, informative and adventurous! Hands down the best driving I’ve ever seen and the music and conversations made the trip! My Mom and I loved it and I’m already planning my next trip back. Thank you Myles! :)

1  Thank S9195JBjacquelinet
Reviewed 8 March 2020

What an experience!
Beautiful place, beautiful lakes and beautiful walks.
Our experience was all thanks to Mick dingo vardy. he showed us all the spots, and little tips like how to feed the fish at the lakes. He was also on hand to share his knowledge on eco systems, animals and the history on K'gari. Not to mention was a great around the BBQ!! Proper top Aussie bloke. I don't know what the other tour guides are like but you should be booking with this guy.

We swam with tropical fish, and even seen a dingo feasting on some food it caught.

The vehicle isn't the comfiest and the tents aren't 5 start, but that's all part of the adventure!

1  Thank Zyrond1994
Reviewed 3 March 2020

Had a fantastic experience with my group and our tour guide (Mark) on the Sunrover 2 day tour of Fraser Island. Lake McKenzie was a sight to behold and a dream to jump into. Mark was always on hand to point out and identify different animals and plants on our travels around the island, most notably; the Azure Kingfisher (was either the Azure or Sacred, but have now deduced it was an Azure due to the orange/brown belly) in the rainforest which was incredible to see; the solo Dingo roaming the beach; and the wild kangaroos on our journey. We also visited Eli Creek, Lake Wabby and the Shipwreck. Mark told us to wake up early on the second day and walk down to the beach to catch the sunrise, which was fantastic advise.

In all honesty, this trip wouldn’t have been anywhere near as good if we didn’t have Mark taking us on this adventure. Even when there was a mix up with catering for a vegetarian, Mark was the saviour and bought additional food to resolve the problem.

Con: The tents and sleeping bags aren’t amazing, but this isn’t an experience revolving around sleep... so be it.

I’d like to say thanks again to Mark for the fantastic 2 days, and for making this a surreal experience.