Open today: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Review Highlights
2 Days Fraser Island

This was a great trip with a small group of 6 people. Our guide Rhett made the trip perfect. He... read more

Reviewed 21 January 2024
Peti_bet
via mobile
Loved the trip

Our guide Rhett was very knowledgeable and friendly! We loved the trip and would definitely... read more

Reviewed 14 December 2023
Kate R

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around K'gari (Fraser Island)
from AU$273.00
from AU$699.00
from AU$499.00
from AU$569.00
More Info
All reviews moreton island day trip guide jeff days camping sand boarding rainbow beach great tour small group lake mckenzie fraser island trip one night an adventure an amazing trip jai campsite knowledge itinerary
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2016

Had an amazing time with Sunrover tours on Fraser Island. Everything was very well taken care of, and they fit in just enough, no rush. Eli Creek and Mackenzie Lake were definitely highlights of the trips, but I very much enjoyed the teatree lake and the camping as well.

The guides were all very nice, and all had their own interesting story to tell. Also, as a solo traveller I was a bit worried I would be on my own, but all other guests were really nice and I ended up having a great time with everyone!

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank fl0reve
Rob F, Front Office Manager at Sunrover Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Glad you enjoyed your tour with us!

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Booked this online and eagerly arrived from the UK via Sydney, a mammoth journey only to receive a text two days before saying the tour was cancelled. There was no phone call, no grovelling apology showing extreme concern and empathy regarding cancellation of flagship adventure. Not even a mention of the $580 they owed me as a result. Text did offer the 2 day tour but again no follow up to arrange so in the end I just sent a text. We did the 2 day tour and the place is magical so the 2 stars are for the guides who made the best of a bad job for us. Evening meal was poor quality, very cheap, no flavour, there were no matches to make a cup of tea whilst it poured with rain. Beautiful place but complete unprofessional imbeciles (or at least one, don't know his / her name) in the office. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY MONEY directly if you can avoid it.

3  Thank 719charliep
Rob F, Front Office Manager at Sunrover Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Thank You for the feedback Charlie.
I would be the imbecile you were referring to.

As you booked through a travel agency, the only contact information we were given was an international mobile number.

I contacted you 3 days prior to travel date (on 1/4) to inform you that the 3 day trip (on 4/4) would unfortunately not be operating as scheduled and offered you the 2 day tour as an alternative. This was done on the Thursday morning before Good Friday.
I asked you to contact our office ASAP. You chose not to do this Sunday afternoon at 4pm.
By no follow up, do you mean my not replying to your rude text? Sorry, as I'm a bit of an imbecile, you should probably explain what EXACT reaction you were expecting.

Your evening meal consisted of BBQ sausages, burgers, salad & garlic bread. We also offered numerous condiments. Sorry this was not to your liking. Most guests enjoy their evening BBQ with us and sit around the campfire.
Not sure why you require matches. We use gas lighters to fire up our hotplate to make tea & coffee. (More reliable than matches!) Did you approach your guide about getting a cuppa? I'm sure this situation was resolved, as thankfully no other guests have complained about missing their caffeine fix!

The feedback from this trip was fantastic. We had close to 50 people travelling with us on the Monday & Tuesday with not a single negative report.
We offer the most extensive itinerary of any company on the island, provide a great product and have fantastic staff that share a genuine passion for the environment with our guests.

While we are sometimes forced to change or cancel trips, for which I do apologise, we do always attempt to offer an alternative. Sorry this did not meet your requirements.

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Highly suggested tour! Great experience. Able to go sand boarding, snorkeling, explore the island via 4WD (swimming in fresh water, going up to the lighthouse, etc). Our tour guides, Clayton and Dave were great! Very fun and taught us so much!

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

My mate and I did the one day sandboarding and snorkeling tour, which was a lot of fun and excitement. Our guide Clayton was really good and brought plenty of positive energy all day, while being serious when needed to. The snorkeling was amazing but quite exhausting. Really cool was the fact that we saw a lot of beautiful fish and a small shark as well! Definitely worth the price. Only negative perhaps was that the guide at a couple times used very australian vocabulary which was hard for us internationals to understand, but it was a small problem. Overall a great tour!

Date of experience: April 2016

Thanks for posting Robert!

Glad you enjoyed Moreton Island as much as we do. It really is one of Australia's best kept secrets.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I did the 2-day camping tour on Fraser Island with Dave and Jeff and had an amazing time! Both guides where very fun and dynamic, willing to share with us their passion for the island and to make us discover every corner possible in this gorgeous place! I had an amazing time, the camping facilities are great, very clean and safe in case you're worried. They looked after us very well and we had a lot of fun with Dave in the car who made us at ease from the first second we met! Great atmosphere, great team, I highly recommend it and will definitely go back when I can!

Date of experience: March 2016