“2.5 days Fraser Island + I.5 days Lady Elliot Island”
Review of Sunrover Tours

Sunrover Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With nearly 30 years experience, let Sunrover cater a tour to meet your needs. From camping to 5 star accommodation, day tours to 5 day adventures we have a tour to suit every taste & budget.
Reviewed 13 April 2016

We had an amazing time on both Fraser and Lady Elliot Island. The Sunrover staff organised everything for us and we really had nothing to worry about which made the trip truly enjoyable for us as we've only had a few days and soooo many things to see.

Highlights of Fraser Island were Lake McKenzie, the Campagne Pools and the Indian Head viewing platform. We also really enjoyed driving in the 4WD along the 75 Mile beach - what an adventure. The only negative thing I have to mention is the state of the camp site (kitchen facilities and camping equipment). The tents and equipment are really old, smelly and quite dirty. If I went there again, I wouldn't do anything different but brining my own camping gear. ;)

Special "thank you" to our tour guide Wayne, who passionately guided us around the best spots of the Island passing on all his insider knowledge about local animals, aboriginal heritage and the stunning nature in general. He went above and beyond in order to make everyone in the group happy and comfortable. He drove me and my sister very early in the morning all across the Island to Kingfisher so we could take our ferry and start our Lady Elliot trip. He then picked us up the next day at Hervey Bay airport to drive us all the way back to Brisbane (5 h drive). @Wayne, thanks again for looking so well after us!!!! P.S. You're also a very good cook ;)

I highly recommend visiting Lady Elliot Island especially for divers or those who love snorkelling. I already dived quite a lot in the Great Barrier Reef in different places but Lady Elliot is very special. This time I could only do snorkelling as we were flying again the next day but NO REGRETS!!! Just snorkelling I've seen much more sea life than in may other places I scuba dived before. From all kind of sea turtles (from little green turtles to swim with to 1m big Loggerhead), reef sharks, octopus, clownfish, parrotfish, barracuda, eel and all kind of beautiful coral. Unfortunately we didn't see the Manta Rays as it wasn't the season but next time ;) The Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort is fantastic. It's a private Island and only a number of people can stay there. You really feel special when you arrive in the little plane on the island and receive that lovely welcome from the staff members. The food buffet is amazing and the cabins are in an excellent state. Everything on the Island can be done in walking distance and it feels like you're lost in paradise just you and the beautiful sea life. I absolutely loved staying there and will surely come back one day!!!!

Date of experience: March 2016
Rob F, Front Office Manager at Sunrover Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Vanessa,
Thank you for posting your thoughts.

I'm glad to read you enjoyed the trip. This is a unique tour, with nothing quite it is being offered anywhere else!

The flight across to Lady Elliot is worth the price of admission alone, and a much nicer experience than the boat cruise across.
Snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef is a 'bucket list' activity and I'm happy you loved your time.

All reviews
"lake mackenzie"
in 20 reviews
"great knowledge"

Reviewed 9 April 2016

Had an amazing time with Sunrover tours on Fraser Island. Everything was very well taken care of, and they fit in just enough, no rush. Eli Creek and Mackenzie Lake were definitely highlights of the trips, but I very much enjoyed the teatree lake and the camping as well.

The guides were all very nice, and all had their own interesting story to tell. Also, as a solo traveller I was a bit worried I would be on my own, but all other guests were really nice and I ended up having a great time with everyone!

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank fl0reve

Glad you enjoyed your tour with us!

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Booked this online and eagerly arrived from the UK via Sydney, a mammoth journey only to receive a text two days before saying the tour was cancelled. There was no phone call, no grovelling apology showing extreme concern and empathy regarding cancellation of flagship adventure. Not even a mention of the $580 they owed me as a result. Text did offer the 2 day tour but again no follow up to arrange so in the end I just sent a text. We did the 2 day tour and the place is magical so the 2 stars are for the guides who made the best of a bad job for us. Evening meal was poor quality, very cheap, no flavour, there were no matches to make a cup of tea whilst it poured with rain. Beautiful place but complete unprofessional imbeciles (or at least one, don't know his / her name) in the office. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY MONEY directly if you can avoid it.

3  Thank 719charliep
Rob F, Front Office Manager at Sunrover Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Thank You for the feedback Charlie.
I would be the imbecile you were referring to.

As you booked through a travel agency, the only contact information we were given was an international mobile number.

I contacted you 3 days prior to travel date (on 1/4) to inform you that the 3 day trip (on 4/4) would unfortunately not be operating as scheduled and offered you the 2 day tour as an alternative. This was done on the Thursday morning before Good Friday.
I asked you to contact our office ASAP. You chose not to do this Sunday afternoon at 4pm.
By no follow up, do you mean my not replying to your rude text? Sorry, as I'm a bit of an imbecile, you should probably explain what EXACT reaction you were expecting.

Your evening meal consisted of BBQ sausages, burgers, salad & garlic bread. We also offered numerous condiments. Sorry this was not to your liking. Most guests enjoy their evening BBQ with us and sit around the campfire.
Not sure why you require matches. We use gas lighters to fire up our hotplate to make tea & coffee. (More reliable than matches!) Did you approach your guide about getting a cuppa? I'm sure this situation was resolved, as thankfully no other guests have complained about missing their caffeine fix!

The feedback from this trip was fantastic. We had close to 50 people travelling with us on the Monday & Tuesday with not a single negative report.
We offer the most extensive itinerary of any company on the island, provide a great product and have fantastic staff that share a genuine passion for the environment with our guests.

While we are sometimes forced to change or cancel trips, for which I do apologise, we do always attempt to offer an alternative. Sorry this did not meet your requirements.

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Highly suggested tour! Great experience. Able to go sand boarding, snorkeling, explore the island via 4WD (swimming in fresh water, going up to the lighthouse, etc). Our tour guides, Clayton and Dave were great! Very fun and taught us so much!