Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews cocktail hour beach house plunge pool our honeymoon picnic lunch other guests mission beach helicopter ride french champagne sea legs stand up paddle boards moment you arrive matching wines every staff member barefoot luxury bucket list mini bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 January 2019 via mobile

This was the most magical, memorable time we have ever had. The accommodation, service and food was absolutely first class. Added to that, the time spent ( completely up to you if you want to socialise ) pre dinner with other guests and our hosts ( Geoff, of course, and lucky for us the owners and Murray ) just made it a wonderful, wonderful vacation. Thank you

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank fegharry
Reviewed 26 January 2019

I have never written a review before I have also never been to a place like this before. My husband and I spent the last five days of our honeymoon on Bedarra Island and the only word to describe it is magic. From start to finish the trip was perfection.

Because of rocky waters, they arranged for a helicopter launch to take us to the island (very cool!). Once landing on the island, we were immediately whisked off to a private lunch while our bags were placed in our villa. The rest of the trip followed suit-- meals were delicious (splurge one night for the seafood dinner!), drinks were always flowing, the hikes were beautiful, mini-bar was stocked with our favorites at all times, the list goes on...The hardest decision when you are there is whether to sit by the pool, go in the ocean, or play tennis.

The villas are all very secluded and you really feel like you have the island to yourself. The views from the deck are gorgeous and listening to the waves crash while you are sleeping is heaven.

But the real beauty of the island was the staff. We cannot say enough good things. Geoff, Katrina, Russell, Lance, Erin, Jen...(everyone!) were all so friendly and so lovely and made our trip was it was.

This place is out of a dream. Once you are there, you will never want to leave (seriously, ask Katrina, I cried at our last dinner).

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank elizabethm0285
Reviewed 16 January 2019

Amazing island location. Amazing staff. Delicious food. If you want to switch off from the world this is the place to do it. Understated luxury that makes you feel relaxed as soon as you step ashore. one can do as little or as much as one likes. Nothing is too much trouble.

2  Thank Brett P
Reviewed 8 January 2019

Having had one of those years, we were looking to find somewhere to completely get away from it all. Bedarra fitted the bill perfectly. The helicopter flight to and from Mission Beach was a lot of fun. Once there, the island is physically so beautiful it is hard not to throw away the shoes, relax completely and soak in the surrounds. We stayed in one of the two Pavillion villas which are slightly removed from the rest of the accomodation and waking up to those magnificent views was a delight. We loved the cuisine - always changing and never boring - with light wines that suited both the tropical climate and the style of food. Even the frog that croaked very loudly throughout dinner was a bit of a lark! But, beyond all else, we cannot say enough about the superb service - friendly, unobtrusive, informative and always excellent. Thank you Geoffrey, Russell, Lance, Katrina and Erin. We will definitely be back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kerryMelbourne
Reviewed 7 January 2019

We have just spent our five night honeymoon in Bedarra's Villa North East and, to be honest, I started mentally compiling this review just following our arrival, updating it in my mind as the days unfolded.

If you’re reading this, hopefully you’re considering a trip to Bedarra in the not too distant future. I can tell you about the utter beauty of the resort, the way the rock formations frame the stunning beaches and the warm, safe water. I can tell you about the friendliness and absolute professionalism of Geoffrey, Katrina and team, and how it’s like staying in someone’s house (but extremely cool people, who own an Island and just let you help yourself to everything) and how single every person in the team goes out of their way to make the experience tailored and special. I can tell you about the stunningly located and furnished rooms, kept immaculately clean and well-provisioned. I can tell you about the fabulous variety of activities, although if you’re anything like me, peak relaxation will hit somewhere around day three and all you’ll be fit for is lounging, napping and eating. The record should also note, I am officially the worst paddle boarder in history.

I can tell you about the food - the fabulous, ever-changing, always exciting menu, with the freshest ingredients and the most incredible flavour and presentation. I can tell you how personal tastes are noted and dishes adapted if required – all in a way that doesn’t make you feel difficult. The cellar is very well curated and I would recommend trying as many of the matched wines with dinner as you can.

So, this is where, in my mental compilation of this review, I stopped. There are a million experiences that I could tell you about – but I won’t. The magic of Bedarra (and that’s what it is; magic) are the tiny moments, hundreds every day, that make you feel as though you’re in a really really good dream. The surprises, the unexpected joys and the little touches that made our honeymoon completely perfect won’t be exactly the same as those on your holiday, you’ll need to find those out for yourself - and I don’t want to spoil the surprise. It will be EPIC.

PS Lance, we may not see you again, but we’ll never forget you. You are an absolute legend and we wish you every happiness in the future.

3  Thank TypeAGirl72