All reviews billabong sanctuary bruce highway comfortable room air con stopover kettle noise
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked this accom for my son who was driving from Surfers to Cairns for a job. He didn't want to waste any time going into townships; he just needed a comfortable bed near the Bruce Highway, a good meal and hopefully a friendly welcome. He stayed there last night and said it was amazing...super comfy bed, great meal, everything very clean, new furniture and the owners were fabulous! So thank you Sunbird Motel for doing such a great job in welcoming and looking after weary travellers such as my son.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SydneyDeedee
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Everything was super great ... excellent customer relations from the time of phone reservations to check-in; the Manager / Owner Tony was super dog & people friendly; the very large room was spotless and well equipped (TV, MW, kettle & toaster), the Q/S bed was super comfortable; the linen was fresh, crisp and had a 'new-feel'; and the rooms were well maintained. Likewise so too were the gardens ... plenty of green lawn for my dog to run (on his lead). Definitely one of the best 'Pet Friendly Motels' I have stayed in. This motel is 10kms from the city on the south side of Townville ... it is right on the Bruce Highway however the road noise wasn't a problem (I felt it was peaceful from 10pm-8am) as I slept very well. The room rates were excellent ... and there wasn't a surcharge for having my dog with me. This motel had absolutely everything I needed for a stop-over so I thoroughly recommend for those travelling with well behaved clean dogs (I am sure Tony doesn't need the other sort). And if you don't have a dog ... this is still an excellent stop-over choice. Thank you Tony ... I will definitely be staying on my way back north in August.

Room tip: Excellent Pet Friendly Accommodation
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Helen L
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Throughout the whole process from reservation to checkout was outstanding. They offered great facilities including outdoor cooking kitchen. The Managers and Owners went above and beyond to help us out as we stayed for a week while we looked for a rental as we relocated to Townsville. The gardens are well kept and its quite peaceful, a great vibe all round. The beds were very comfortable also. We would recommend this motel highly its worth the money and experience.

Date of stay: July 2013