All reviews heated spa pool area tropical garden castle hill standard room continental breakfast walking distance air con nice pool bbq area bed was very comfortable would stay here again stayed for one night flinders street business trip short stay central location
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Reception was very friendly and welcoming on arrival. Room was very clean and had everything I needed. I traveled with my small dog and they were most accommodating - they have particular rooms to accommodate pets. There's a great little grassy area at the back which is handy. Bed was very comfortable. Shower pressure was awesome. Had breakfast at the cafe and ordered Rosti Stack and cappuccino. They also offered my pup a complimentary puppuccino.

Location is great and very central. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Renee R
BCINQLD, Guest Relations Manager at City Oasis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hello Renee!

How sweet of you to say :) It's a real pleasure accommodating our pet-friendly guests.
The Rosti Stack is definitely a favourite at the Sidewalk cafe, we're very glad to see that you and your greyhound enjoyed your stay.

Hope you had a safe journey and good luck with you new job.

Rebecca

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My wife & I recently stayed at the City Oasis on our trip to Cairns. We were very impressed by the location and more than adequate facilities. Check-in was hassle free, after a long day driving there was minimal fuss and paperwork at the front desk.
Our room was very comfortable, with a small kitchen facility available, although there was an excellent restaurant/cafe downstairs. The bed was very comfortable and although our room faced the street little city noise could be heard. We were able to walk through a very cool tropical garden that was peaceful and relaxing. We will be staying here again on our return trip.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DannyCarter

Thanks for your stellar review Danny!

You stayed in one of our kitchenette rooms, which is fully equipped with kitchen facilities, for those of our guests who require a fully functioning kitchen whilst away.

We hope that everything went well or you all up in Cairns and look forward to welcoming you back on your return trip.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The bed was better than my own. ( I really must see about getting a new bed) If I didn't have to catch an early flight, I would have enjoyed a long sleep in. The water pressure was excellent as well. If only it was hair washing day!( I thought to myself) I love the proximity to the city, and yet so quiet. The added bonus is being able to join the locals in the "trek up the hill" pilgrimage that happens every morning and evening. Great for fitness, followed by a dip and a spa in their garden oasis afterwards. ( Maybe that is where they got their name?)Then the best news of all is they have one of Townsville's best Chefs overseeing the sidewalk Cafe. Even if you don't get to enjoy a stay here, eat in the restaurant! ( I know the chef from my previous years of living in Townsville and from going to her own restaurant in years past. Tell "Maria" Donna said to say hi! I guarantee you will get a good meal.

Room Tip: For Business, one of their motel rooms is adequate. last trip, I had the larger Hotel Room which are great with a bath and Balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank donnamaree2016
BCINQLD, Guest Relations Manager at City Oasis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

What wonderful accolades Donnamarie!

We always ensure that our guests sleep are sleeping on high-quality mattresses! So glad to see that you managed to have restful night prior to taking on the famously free jungle- gym that is Castle Hill.

Maria will be ever so pleased to hear from you, we are indeed very lucky to have her culinary expertise on hand at City O.

Thanks so much and hope to see you next time,

Rebecca

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend Father's day surprise for my husband, the receptionists are all accommodating and they help me place a greeting card before we head to the room, the room tho is small and so is the bed but it's clean so no worries, but my husband has issues about their shower we can't seems to get it in good temperature, it's either too hot scalding hot or too cold but apart from that our stay is great, the pool is wonderful the spa is amazing we really enjoyed it makes my husband relax after 13 days of work straight but we visited September which is still quite cold in Australia so the pool water is cold but manageable, the spa is heated but have to wait quite long time so it will be hot.. But the view around the pool is relaxing and tranquil their highlight is the spa oasis pool hence the name... We also enjoy the walks around Townsville its amazing old city town.. Over all our stay here is positive and will definitely come back..cheers..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
BCINQLD, Guest Relations Manager at City Oasis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hi Mayome,

Thank-you for taking the time to review us and for the lovely photos you shared on TA.

It looks like your husband had a relaxing first father's day amongst the palms!

We do offer various room types according to different requests.

We hope to see you back again next time and would be happy to offer you a free upgrade to one of our executive rooms.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I am a travel agent and booked this thru one of my wholesalers . There was plenty of hotels to pick from but liked the style of this hotel and the fact it was small gave it a boutique feel . We arrived late and reception was closed but the info and letter they left me was personal and just as good as checking in with a person ! The room (104)was small but very comfortable and we had a good night sleep . The continental breakfast included was lovely and got us off to a good start to Climb castle hill which was a short walk away ! It was walking distance to ribs & rump which was yum ! For the price & service recommend this little gem !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HWB-kylee

Hi Kylee,

How adventurous of you to tackle the hill straight after breakfast! We're Happy to have provided you with some fuel to take on the challenge with our complimentary continental breakfast.
Your room was one of our standard rooms, however we also offer executive rooms and family rooms to suit our guests' various accommodation requirements.
Great to hear that you found our directions on after-hours check-in to be personalized, we like to make sure that all our guests feel welcome and informed regardless of what time of the day they arrive!

Thanks for your stellar review,

Hope to see you next time,