1,031 results
All reviews castletown shopping centre lake view close to the airport fast food outlets buffet breakfast family room rooms are comfortable lovely pool pleasant stay reception staff business trip great spot magnetic island celsius sizzler tropical pillows
Reviewed 10 February 2018

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I booked online via the Mercure site, there were no issues, and the email communication (confirmation, etc) prior to checking in was welcome. The check in process was efficient, and the gentleman we talked with was most helpful in explaining the venue's amenities (pool, restaurant, etc). My adult daughter and I stayed for one night, our room was upstairs overlooking the pool. The room itself was good and the air conditioning was most welcome after a long drive.

We had the buffet breakfast, there was a lot of variety and most of the food was fresh - the fruit was old (peaches were soft and weeping, the cut rockmelon and honeydew was dried out), and the pastries were stale (probably a few days old?) The staff were welcoming and very professional. However we were surprised that they didn't attempt to keep a group of 4 minah birds out of the internal dining/food area - other visitors who were there, including myself, chased the birds away about 5 times in the 45 minutes I was there.

We would stay here again, however we wouldn't eat there again. There are a number of food shops within a 5 minute walk, and the city is a 10 minute drive away.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sharon,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and lovely to hear that our staff were accommodating during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear of your restaurant experience and have highlighted this to both our restaurant manager and executive chef. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I was here overnight not too long ago and having been in previous Mercure properties, I was a little surprise on the quality of the amenities during my stay.

The room was old and the carpet definitely needed replacing. Bugs in the room like ants and mosquitoes was something I had expected given Townsville tropical climate. However, I wasn’t expecting a really dirty electric kettle, and stained sheets. This is definitely something I have expected housekeeping to always ensure were clean as a minimum in any hotel.

Positives... well my room was ready when I checked in at 1130am and checking out was a breeze.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Townsville. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I have directly spoken to our housekeeping manager regarding the issues you have raised which she was also disappointed to hear of. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

The room we were given was ok but the beds were bent like bananas. We needed a family room. We were given a room furthest from everything. We walked in to the room and there was a terrible smell, like stagnant old water. The location of the room was the worst part, it was so far away from everything. Being a parent I'm sure most know that they live in the pool! I could have almost dealt with the rest. The staff were amazing about it though and did offer us others rooms but they were a bit too snug.
Overall the property just needs maintenance. The gardens have rubbish in them and are messy. The beds need replacing badly. Never had a bad experience with Accor hotels. This place is just very tired but if you are on a budget, it will suit, just ask for good room location.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very important to us so I am very sorry to hear of your experience and that you felt you had to cancel and not stay with us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you have raised and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

we went to townsville for a family funeral.we stayed at the mercure,we found it was a bit run down in the rooms but the pool area is really,really lovely.we had an all you can eat breakfast which was very,very nice,the hotel itself is in a great position,approx,10minutes from airport.there is a shopping centre within walking distance.plenty of eating places around or take-away type food.

Stayed: January 2018

Dear kitty312,

At Mercure, we do strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Our standard rooms are older now and in need of a refurbishment which we are currently speaking with our owners in regards to. Therefore we do appreciate your feedback on these rooms to ensure a plan in put in place for future. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.