“Pleasantly surprised by the quality for the price we paid”

and 1 more site!
Cascade Gardens Holiday Apartments
Reviewed 25 March 2010

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor after I had made a booking in a two bedroom apartment at Cascade Gardens I was almost dreading what would be awaiing us when we arrived. But I was very pleasantly surprised to find the apartment was very clean and functional with brand new remote control ceiling fans in the bedrooms. The decor inside the apartment was very old and tired, but I would not have expected much more for such a cheap price. The tiled balcony that ran all the way down the outside of the apartment was very handy for the kids to play on without causing hassle to other guests. The park adjoining the apartments was absolutely lovely but remember to cover yourself in Aeroguard first because the mosquitos are SAVAGE! The pool in the complex was a highlight, very clean (unheated though, which thankfully didn't worry the kids too much) and surrounded by lush, well-maintained tropical gardens. We had a car so travelling to shopping, theme parks etc was not a problem, I think though that it would be quite a tiring walk to Cavill Mall or Oasis shopping centre. On the whole we had a very good stay here.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank leeplusthree

Reviewed 8 September 2009

I work for a travel agency in New Zealand though I didn't book the Accommodation my step brother did online as he was paying for it he thought it was a good deal as the price was very reasonable for a weeks accommodation. We were in shock once we arrived it is the most disgusting place I have ever seen it is covered in mold, smells and looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in years, I have to agree with other reviews and I wouldn’t let my pet stay there let alone a human!! I have never in my whole life seen anything like it.
I have seen backpackers in better condition than Cascade Gardens. Please do not stay here there are so many other nice places in Surfers to stay. Unfortunately we had to stay one night as we arrived late and had nowhere else to go, luckily we were able to book other accommodation that night via the internet which was a relief.
I will upload photos soon.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank Trravelgiirl
Reviewed 10 January 2009

I booked this placed with a renamed holiday company. It was not cheap. The whole place is just horrible, smelly, dirty. We never saw cleaners. The pool was dirty and never cleaned. I have never had this experience. The brochure and website information were all beautiful HOWEVER is nothing like that. Once you are there you realise is more like a backpackers place. The balcony was flooded with the water coming out from the airconditioning unit. There were ants climbing the beds. Toilets are dirty and dusty everywhere. Kitchen appliances and pans, cuttlery unable to be used. I am very dissapointed and sad that after a busy year we had to end up holidaying in this place. They told us it was close to the beach...we were plop! when we realised the only way to get to the beach was by car. It IS NOT in surfers paradise...is actually Broadbeach. The car park is full with junk and there are no lifts if you are placed on the last floor especially with kids ...forget. We had to buy bed linen to cover the seats in the living room and also a rubber mat to put in the shower ...I am terribly dissapointed and sad that people do not care. Do not book this place.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AustraliaButterfly
Reviewed 2 December 2008

After reading a handful of reviews on Cascade Gardens I decided it looked and sounded like the place to stay during my short visit on the Gold Coast.. Little did I know that we were were in for a nasty surprise. If you don't mind unclean bathrooms, dirty sheets and carpet you wouldn't let your dog lye on then CS is the place for a cheap holiday. Never again would I put myself and family through that again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Familyman22Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2008

Good location central to a lot of things.Rooms a little bit dated and could do with a bit of a spruce up. But were very clean,tidy and spacious.Good price to make holidays affordable for families on a limited budget. Hope to be able to stay there again in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family