“wholesome and hearty”

Bumbles
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

this was a really nice place , good ambience and good food. we celebrated a birthday brunch and it was great.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Partner and I and a friend from Brisbane visited Bumbles today for lunch. We had not been to Budds Beach previously, and found it a very pleasant quiet area, Bumbles itself, is an interesting Cafe, with various different places within the venue to sit. Also quite a good size outdoor area overlooking the River across the road.
The Service was prompt, and a large jug of water was provided along with the menu.
Two coffees were ordered, which were rated as OK, my glass of water from the jug was luke warm, not so OK.
We ordered 2 mini Burgers for the men , and I ordered the Prawn Sandwich. The food arrived without too much delay, and the burgers were actually a Slider, so very small indeed. They were tasty but at $13 each rather overpriced. My Prawn Sandwich, well a bit dissapointing, 2 small slices of white bread , filled with minced prawn in a mayo sauce and cut into triangles. Very bland and at $16 well over the top in price. Also, the plate it was served on, was hot !!
We came away thinking we could have done better and paid less. Sorry Bumbles, you just didnt quite make us feel the love.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Milly2009_11
Reviewed 5 November 2018

Really nice cafe. The location is awesome right in front of the water in budds beach. Coffee is good and friendly staff.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

This sweet little cafe is located on beautiful Budd’s Beach. We chose the cafe because it is dog friendly. Great menu which should suit most people. Some menu selections appear to be a bit expensive compared to others. I had the mini cheeseburger and although it was lovely and tasty it was the size of a slider and cost $13 which is a lot to me for the size. In all fairness there were chips included. The cheeseburger at $18 was more acceptable. We were catching up with friends and the only option to pay seperately is to go halves. The staff were friendly. There is street parking which is free for 3 hours and wasn’t hard to find a park. Very pleasant sitting outside. Worth a visit and I would recommend.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Shabby chic meets luxe glam, and that’s just the décor! We had a high-tea for an unsuspecting mum-to-be, and the staff made it a very lovely event indeed. The food was fresh, the wine list impressive for a small café (no pregnant women indulged), and the coffee was great. There are several cosy rooms, so a small private gathering is possible, and outdoor seating overlooking the river, this café is a truly pleasant place to while away an afternoon. I look forward to going back to try some of the other menu items. Totally recommend a visit!