Arrived on the GC way too early and had killed as much time as possible so went to reception at midday (2pm check in) only to be cheerfully greeted with 'checking in today ?' Was so grateful and happy as often an early check in request (at various other hotels) is met with a scowl.
We had a king room with corner spa on the 15th floor and it was faultless. Clean, quiet and with gorgeous ocean views. The highlight would have to be the buffet breakfast, it was xmas day morning and the staff and service was fast and friendly. The food .... simply amazing, hot, fresh and a large variety of dishes.
Xmas dinner was in the Four Seasons revolving restaurant on the 26th floor. While the view was breathtaking unfortunately I think the dinner was a little over booked as there were lengthy waits at the buffet and many dishes had run low or run out. For $120 per head it was a little disappointing.
Parking was easy, the room was quiet, the staff very friendly and would definitely stay there again !!
The hotel is situated between Broadbeach and Surfers and is probably a 10 minute walk to both. There are not a lot of shops/eateries ‘at the door’ but there’s a shell servo across the road for milk, ice etc and a bowling club less than a block away.
Overall it’s the perfect place for a getaway :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Gold Tower is located adjacent to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. The Crowne Plaza Gold Tower offers premium hotel rooms and spacious self contained apartments including studio and one and two bedroom suites in a resort style setting. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The Studio and Suites also offer kitchenettes and laundry facilities. Crowne Plaza Gold Tower is located between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach. Major shopping centres, award winning dining, nightlife and world famous Gold Coast beaches are all within walking distance of the hotel. Crowne Plaza Gold Tower shares the extensive resort facilities with Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise including two outdoor swimming pools with heated spas and sundecks, gymnasium, full sized tennis court, games room and two restaurants and bars. The hotel features 9 flexible meeting rooms and can cater for up to 550 people. Four Winds 360 Revolving Restaurant is Queensland's only revolving restaurant. It offers panoramic views of the Gold Coast hinterland and Pacific Ocean as well as a delicious seafood and Central Mediterranean buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise Gold Coast