I will never stay at this resort again. I have 2 young children so we were advised a 1 bedder with a 2 bed configuration would be fine. On arrival we had no sofa or rollout. We were moved to another room that was old, musty and unclean. It was expected that we make our own bed as it was late in the evening - fine, however I found mould in the bathroom above the toilet and the sofa was ripped and had stains all througout, the bed was so uneven, uncomfortable and unclean that it was unsleepable. I had to wait till the morning to complain. The supervisor advised me that he would provide rollout beds, get someone to look at the TV because it should have the extra channels and clean the mould. We returned to our room with 2 closed rollout beds found in the doorway without being made, no sheets, no fixed TV and still mould in the toilet. I was livid.
When i spoke to the supervisor about our issues for the 3rd time, she was rude and not empathetic to the situation whatsoever. She told me that it was not they're job to make the beds? How do i even know how to open a rollout bed? Let alone to sofa we had issues with. When i asked about the sheets she responded sarcastically saying " your not going to sleep now are you, our housekeeping deliver the sheets in the evening". WHAT A CROCK. I requested that my complaint be heard by the GM as she was not thinking of the issues at hand, I was told that he cannot be spoken with. I was told that my complaint could be put in an email and that she will find me a 3RD room to fix our problems. That wasnt good enough though, i didnt want to move for a third time. i wanted to change hotels and get a refund. This was refused and she said that these were not the hotels issues that this has happened and that i will need to complain to the reservation line would i booked with. She was quick to put the blame on the reservation line for the initial problems. I ended up complaining to the reservation line and the supervisor was quick to come back and change my room to a 2 bedroom apartment overlooking the water, however im still not satisfied.Our holiday was ruined and i still cant believe what disgusting service we received here. I would strongly recommend going elsewhere. The website shows these beautiful rooms, however it is completely misleading and the rooms dont look anything like what the show. On a good note, the hotel facilities are awesome, pool is great for the kids and the gym is good too. The restaurants here are nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Mantra Crown Towers offers a wide range of leisure facilities perfect for a family holiday, short break or weekend away. Children are well catered for at the resort, which features a lagoon style pool with its own pirate ship, waterslide and sandy beach, as well as a games room and children's playground. The Resort's leisure facilities also include a 15 metre indoor heated pool, spa, sauna, fully equipped gymnasium and on-site restaurants, including Chiangmai Thai. The award-winning Chiangmai Thai restaurant provides authentic Thai cuisine, with strong Thai influences such as wooden elephant chairs and decorative motifs scattered throughout the restaurant adding to the Thai experience. Open for dinner 7 days a week, the restaurant is the perfect choice for dinner, all within the comfort of the resort. Be pampered by professional and friendly therapists, at the onsite day spa Calmer Therapies. The day spa offers beauty treatments, including deluxe facials, full body scrubs/wraps, deluxe pedicures and manicures, pamper packages and waxing. Mantra Crown Towers offers a range of spacious accommodation options including One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments. All apartments are fully self contained with kitchen and laundry facilities, and feature their own private balcony with many offering ocean views. Just 100m from Surfers Paradise beach and 500m to the cafe and restaurant precinct of Cavill Avenue, Mantra Crown Towers provides access to all the attractions of the Gold Coast making it the perfect place to stay for your next getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mantra Crown Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Towers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Crown Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Crown Resort All Inclusive
- Mantra Crown Towers Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast