Lowest prices for your stay
USD 91
PricelineUSD 97
Booking.comUSD 97
eDreamsUSD 97
1,023 results
All reviews would stay again gold coast light rail great facilities cavill ave spa balcony microwave roomy hinterland
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

One night stop over at Gold Coast.
Great location and good price but.......
The room initially appeared clean but in closer inspection there were areas of neglect and wear. Our was room 112. If our room was any example the place could use some attention, see pics. The chairs in the living area were showing signs of wear. We did have a reasonable night but some up keep is needed. You may want to check around.

1  Thank ValerieJBW
andreamI8677LO, Front Office Manager at Sovereign On The Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel with your feedback - it is much appreciated.

Alpha Sovereign Hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2019

My friend and I stayed here, the weekend just past for Easter. The first night there was a false fire alarm evacuation. We woke the following morning to a knock at the door....feet hit the ground and into a flood of water - the whole one bedroom apartment was flooded - everything soaked from suitcases/clothes etc.....the flood was also in the next room. Apparently it was the dishwasher pipe/plumbing(we didn't even use the dishwasher). We had to pack everything up wet....wait in the lobby. We were able to use the dryer to dry some clothes, however some have ruined with dye running through and suede shoes ruined. We waited whist they prepared another room, however during this long wait......nothing was offered, not even a coffee that I had to go and ask for from the restaurant.....apparently it's all day dining but the kitchen was closed.....our plans for the day had gone completely out the window. Finally another room was ready.....but we were down grounded to a studio, we didn't pay for a studio, we paid for a one bedroom apartment....not good enough. We stipulated they needed to find us a one bedroom apartment and not at our expense!!! Again another wait. The Vibe hotel was booked for us and we were assured this was a one bedroom. Arrive at the Vibe hotel to a great welcome but a one bedroom wasn't booked, it was a studio! The ladies on reception were brilliant and could see our stress and provided us the dryers to finish drying our clothes plus drink vouchers as we were stressed. Called the Sovereign to speak to the manager on duty, what an arrogant man he was!! Telling us it was costing them money as they provided us another hotel.....wasn't our fault the room flooded - the ladies on reception were in disbelief at the lack of hospitality from this manager as they were witnessing the phone conversation. Our whole day was ruined, plans had to be cancelled. This flood is obviously a reoccurrence now that I've read other reviews on here. We will be taking this further. Please don't stay here, go and stay at Vibe sown the road where you will be looked after and treated with respect!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 152nikkis
Reviewed 16 April 2019

Solo traveller staying in a one-bedroom apartment. Was able to check in early, the check in process was quick and the reception staff were friendly and helpful. Was advised that valet parking was utilised and that this was free, so I unloaded my luggage onto a trolley and made my way to the apartment.

My apartment was clean, spacious and well positioned on the 9th floor. I've got nothing bad to say about the apartment, as I found it comfortable and very fit for purpose. I will note though that the tv only has free to air channels and no Foxtel; however the Alpha Sovereign has free unlimited wi-fi, so I was able to connect my Xbox and stream Netflix. Winner!

There is a spa on site - which was not quite heated enough; a very nice pool - which I utilised once or twice, but this also is unheated and so was on the cool side; and a restaurant - which unfortunately had very limited vegetarian options, so I chose not to eat here.

The location of the Alpha Sovereign is fine, just off a main road, which meant it was easy to find and also meant that I could walk into Surfers Paradise very easily. If you're staying in Surfers for a few days, I suggest that you make your way to the markets that are held on the beach-front 3 times a week.

Overall I was very satisfied with my one-week stay at the Alpha Sovereign.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sean B
Reviewed 14 April 2019 via mobile

Booked in a large family room with 2 Adults and one teenager, to stay at Alpha soverign hotel, got there on Friday evening at 7pm, checked in and went up to the family room and the carpet was pulled up and there was a machine drying out the carpets, obviously they some kind of flood and the room reeked of wet carpet, went back downstairs, oh sorry, aften after 10 minutes got another room went up and it had 2 single beds, no other beds we needed 3, went back downstairs, oh sorry, waited another 10 minutes then they said, here are the keys to your first room we have moved the machine out, this was after 30 mins and we where late for a 50th birthday party, next morning I complined we slept in a room that reeked of wett carpet and to today the Alpha Soverign hotel has nothing to compensate us, and all they had to do was call us prior to our stay and we would have booked elsewhere, very bad stay would warn anyone to keep away from the Alpha Soverign Hotel Surfers Paradise.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2019 via mobile

Room was very spacious and comfortable, a little tired looking, reasonably clean. A good location if you want to be at the northern end of Surfers Paradise. Wifi-fi was good. Valet parking only (at $15 per day). Right next door to the Marriott which is popular for conferences. Priced very competitively with surrounding hotels and apartments. 2 minutes walk from a light rail stop. 5 minutes walk from the beach. 5 minutes by light rail from the centre of Surfers Paradise.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank S6106FYrichardw
andreamI8677LO, Front Office Manager at Sovereign On The Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2019

Dear Guest,

We value all feedback provided and take on board all of your comments.

Alpha Sovereign Hotel.