I have stayed at this resort on and off for over the past 12 years. I have stayed in the hotel room, 1 bed apartment and 2 bed apartment. My stays previously have all been very pleasant. Sun City is in a great location. Its about a 10 minute walk to Cavill Ave, a 1 minute walk to the beach. Other than the hotel room I would describe the rooms as spacious. I stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment this time with family for a five night stay. The room was clean and overall I was happy with it. Upon arrival my three requests were not met (floor leve, outlook, check in time). It appeared to me the most important thing to the receptionist was ensuring she had a $200 credit card for any incidentals. As it can be seen by previous comments (requests for a higher floor) one of my requests was for a higher floor. The receptionist was baffled why anyone would request this, asking why. I had to tell her that they property was on a highway and the traffic noise is an issue. I then waited around the pool area unitl my room was ready and then had to back to reception near 3pm and ask for my room as they didn't bother to contact me on my phone and they certainly were not busy. When finally checked in, I was then offered a $50 credit to a 'restaurant' by the manager on duty. Unfortunately it was not explained to me that it was to be used on a Friday or Saturday night, between 8pm-12pm and did not include food. Not much use to a family! My package included the buffet breakfast and I thought this was quite a good deal the food certainly being above satisfactory. If breakfast was not included I would choose a nearby cafe or make the most of your apartment. (There is a supermarket within walking distance). The pool area looks fabulous and there is a choice of three pools and two spas. There are two waterslides. It is a great area for the kids.However, in the amount of time I have been here the two outdoor pools are freezing. I have never seen many adults use the pool. I think this is a great shame. The indoor pool on the other hand needs some air or at least a door left open or open windows. Its very stuffy. On the last day of my stay and having used the waterslide each day I was given a set of instructions to follow by the over zealous 'Tackleberry' water slide attendant who I watched the previous few days read a book near the indoor pool keeping watch. Great if you have young kids and its too cold to go into the pool, however as a middle age woman having someone yelling at you as you go down a waterslide because you are not holding your arms in the required position, I found this quite humourous not even worthy of a reply. Overall Sun City is not a bad place to stay. it does appear to be luck of the draw which room you will get as the majority are privately owned. The staff on shift just made a difference for me this time which was disappointing. Some experience across the road where the fish are would teach them some customer service where my Qld stay was nicely completed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast