We stayed for five nights over Easter after landing a killer deal prior to Xmas. The two bedroom two bathroom apartment on the 23rd floor had sensational views out to sea, perfect for a few relaxing ones after the kids went to bed, and the included hot breakfasts made for a solid start to each day.
The pool and waterslides kept the kids busy and tired them out, and Wes the lifeguard was great - kept the hooning down, he was great with the littlies and ensured everyone was safe. Plus he was a top bloke as well.
The appliances were all top quality and there was plenty of room for the four of us.
A couple of points for improvement:
Furniture a bit dodgy - cheap, uncomfortable leatherette lounge, chintzy glass dining table, no stereo. Comfortable beds though!
The kitchen utensils were pretty sparse - no veggie peeler, knives as blunt as cardboard. Good quality utensils should be a given in a place like this!
The catering could have been better. Apart from the sit-down restaurant meals, we found the kids options a bit limited at the pool bar, and inflexible "Sorry, chef won't do a plain burger".
And to echo some of the earlier comments, if the hotel has Foxtel, why not offer a whole bunch of channels - it would cost no more and would make the place more family friendly. No Nick Jnr, Cartoon Network or Boomerang.
But overall - we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Odigeo so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast