Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rayner4
Wellington, New Zealand

The King Ocean View suite was amazing

Review of QT Gold Coast
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
We had an Ocean View king suite which was lovely, loved the beach vibe decor and the huge bathroom except the toilet in the bathroom was awkward with the way it is positioned with the toilet doors luckily there was a separate toilet as you walk into the room so preferred using it. We dined at the Yamagen restaurant which was very good, a little pricey but still recommend. Luckily each time we visited the pool we managed to get loungers in the sun, not sure why the cabana’s couldn’t be used as no one seemed to use them at all due to the cost of hiring one, seems a waste of having them, we certainly weren’t and wouldn’t pay the fee to use. We had recently been in Fiji where the hotel also had cabanas to use at no extra cost. Also one afternoon poolside a girl came and said she needed to put down the umbrella due to the wind, there was barely a breeze let alone wind, we live in a city where we get wind and definitely know the difference, the umbrellas are quite heavy so I very much doubt they were going to blow over!! We also had an issue with both of TV controllers would not work in lounge or bedroom so posted a message to Housekeeping on the IPad the day we arrived, we stayed for 6 days and we did not receive a response, which was disappointing. The 2nd day of our stay my husband took both controllers to reception and they were delivered back to our room with new batteries and worked fine after that. It was also disappointing one of the nights we went down to the bar for a drink before dinner but it was closed, so went outside of the hotel instead, thought with the size of the hotel the bar would be open every night. Breakfast was great and plenty of options. Close to the tram stop was a bonus too. Even with the couple of issues we had we had a great stay, loved the ocean view and being able to open the balcony doors to let the warmth in each morning was great. Would return again if visiting. We didn’t have much interaction with staff but the ones we did were friendly and helpful.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 3 weeks ago
Good evening Rayner4,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave detailed and thoughtful feedback for our consideration. I am thankful that for the most part, it sounded like a lovely experience. I will be unpacking your constructive feedback with the leadership team for review and action.

Many thanks again for your time and I trust that we'll be able to roll out the red carpet on your next stay. Cheers!
AU$235
  • ZenHotels.com
    AU$207
0.9 km from QT Gold Coast
View more hotels in Surfers Paradise
All reviews bazaar restaurant pool area green option short walk from the beach tea bags great stay nice hotel room upgrade breakfast buffet an ocean view room duty manager location is excellent bed was comfortable mini bar light rail every morning convenient location
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2024 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days 2 nights at QT Gold Coast. The customer service was top notch (10/10!). The staff was incredibly friendly and went above and beyond to assist us with big smiles - which is honestly a breath of fresh air in the hospitality industry these days. Spacious and stylish room with ocean view. Prime location – Just steps away from the beach and a short walk to the Esplanade. Clean room, comfortable bed. They even surprised us with a sweet anniversary treat and a personalized message - such a personal and thoughtful touch!
Now, there were a couple of tiny things: the bathroom vanity was a bit on the small side, especially with the shelf above it. Made it awkward to use basin for my tall husband! the buffet breakfast, while good, felt a little pricey for what we got on our first morning. We ended up exploring a cafe nearby the second day, which was way more economical with more options.

Overall, though, the stay was amazing and we'll definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Priya_Sydney
Rory Neaves, Guest Services / Front Office at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2024

Good morning Priya,

Thanks so much for the kind words. Looking after you is what we love to do, and it’s always a treat to hear we’ve made your stay.
Ticked a few boxes on an incredible stay - love to read it!

Many thanks again and I'm sure we'll see you another time in future.

Reviewed 12 May 2024

High Tea at the QT Gold Coast was a mixed experience. Staff were friendly & helpful, the choices of tea & coffee were extensive & when the chef brought out the savoury selection, it was very well presented with unique & individually made delicacies. However, when we were made aware of the sweet selections this was a self-serve ‘all you could eat’ cake table! The homemade scones had a lovely jam but the cream was not fresh whipped, rather an alternative & a selection of cut cakes which were not terribly exciting or individual, rather bulk cooked slab cakes cut into squares, a triangle of cheesecake & some dome shaped purple or green cakes that were very unusual. I have never seen bowls of lollies such as Jaffa’s, Smarties & of all things, Allen’s snakes at a High Tea! A chocolate fountain flowed with marshmallows & pineapple cubes but not a strawberry in sight. There was a bowl of shortbread biscuits with jam in the centre but these could have been store bought. I have never been to what I feel was a reasonably expensive High Tea at $90 pp to ‘self-serve’ at a cake table with bowls of lollies & children present dipping into each. A High Tea requires a selection of individual niceties along with fresh cream & scones & freshly made finger sandwiches. For a 5 Star hotel, I think the QT can do better. Not overally impressed & would go to a smorgasbord if I wanted a self-serve cake bar.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Maryanne K
Rory Neaves, Guest Services / Front Office at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2024

Good morning 266maryannek,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts – thorough reviews are always appreciated across every department, so we’ll make sure this is all passed through accordingly. I have let our food and beverage leadership know about your concerns and they will review this moving forward. Our pastry chefs are always toiling away with seasonal ingredients and making their little treats from scratch, so be sure to book in again to see what’s new on your next visit.

Many thanks for taking the time to write to us and I hope that we can see you another time in future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2024 via mobile

Enjoyed a nights stay here. Hotel is beautifully designed and has a lot to offer. Restaurants attached and short walking distance to cavil ave and the beach. Beds are comfortable and pillows had a mixture of soft or firm. I would definitely book here again.

Minor things- bathroom was small, shower was a little dirty. Grime in corners and also felt like sand was left around the shower.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank tiamarama
Rory Neaves, Guest Services / Front Office at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2024

Good evening tiamarama,

Many thanks for your feedback and it sounds like you had a lovely time with us. I'll address those couple of concerns with our housekeeping leadership review, that certainly isn't up to scratch.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 25 April 2024

I stayed at this hotel for 6nights and 7 days. It was a great room that was very open and relaxing. I had a riverside room with a balcony on the 20th floor and slight view of the ocean. I was alone, but the staff was kind and I was able to relax by the pool.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Shiro647
Rory Neaves, Guest Services / Front Office at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2024

Good morning Shiro647,

What absolute stars! We’ll make sure that the hotel team gets word that we made all the difference to your stay. Being at your beck and call is what we do best, so make sure you put in any special requests next time you’re here.

We’ll see what we can do…

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2024 via mobile

I have previously loved the QT brand and picked the Gold Coast location as a splurge for the pool and was disappointed.
They start taking the umbrellas down at 3:30 (with people still arriving to the pool) when the bar closes at 5pm and even the last cocktail order is 4pm which is pretty wild considering the pool is not booked out so making 2 cocktails at 4:40pm would not be possible. Overall being at the pool feels like an inconvenience to the staff which is not the QT brand I’m used to.
The hotel is great but the experience makes me want to take my $1200 booking elsewhere in future.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank natashachecinski
Rory Neaves, Guest Services / Front Office at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2024

Hi there Natasha,

Thank you for leaving a review for our consideration. Please accept my apologies for this unfortunate situation. Sometimes, due to high winds, the umbrellas may be taken down but I will certainly pass along the bar feedback to the leadership team to have a look into. I believe one of our staff has reached out to try and make things right.

All the best and I hope we can see you again sometime soon.