All reviews accor member great location family room shopping centre ocean view tour desk nice room seafood buffet gold coast high floor cavill avenue king bed stayed for nights tram stop public transport light rail amazing views
Reviewed 9 November 2018

The Hotel is in need if an UPDATE. The room we had was a good size & normally would have been GOOD but
1/ Curtains were hanging OFF the rail. 2/ Bad chips on the furniture. 3/ window wouldn't open properly.
2/ Add to this NO SERVICE to the room. We had to ask at 6pm in the evening when we got back for the room to be serviced. We were told the cleaning staff had all left. A person came up & made up the bed .
Not good.
3/ Buffet food was OK.
4/ Breakfast was a fight as there seem to be a conference on at the same time. So normal hotel guests had to fight for it.

Date of stay: October 2018
NovotelSP, General Manager at Novotel Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Dear davidW5879WN,

Thank you for taking the time to write Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, I am sorry that the Hotel's products and services provided a mixed experience for you, please accept my apologies.

I will share your comments with my Team, as just like me they will be disappointed to hear about the issues that you had regarding the preparation of your room and I am sorry that your room was not serviced prior to your return from your day out. The Hotel refurbished over half of the Hotel last year and the Conference areas and Lobby Bar this year with the upper floors being refurbished 4 yer ago.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Breakfast Buffet and sorry that you arrived at a peak time and encountered a busy breakfast, the Hotel is currently trialing opening the Restaurant from 6am-10.30am to reduce the amount of guests arriving at the same time however without taking reservations for breakfast times this can still be unpredictable and I am sorry if you were inconvenienced by the busy environment.

Thank you for your comments davidW5879WN and my Team and I do hope to welcome you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise in the future when we will have the opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

Really nice room with ocean views however the food or Seafood Buffet leaves you a little flat. Not much of a choice of Seafood, Tassie Oysters which looked like seconds very roughly shaped and sized but tasted OK, Cold New Zealand mussels which I would imagine were frozen and not really good prawns me thinks probably imported, defiantly not fresh Aussie and that folks was the cold selection along with some lemons and sauces.
Cook dry mussels again New Zealand green lip which we avoided, so called barramundi pieces with some sort of topping so overcooked that it just fell apart when you tried to lift it to your plate, that along with every thing else had probably been sitting there for hours and that was there hot seafood selection, the other bain maries were full of overcooked and under flavored Asian style dishes including way over cooked steamed rice.
Foyer bar no tap beers just bottled at $8-9 each there is a BWS next door so grab a six pack and enjoy the view from your room

Room tip: Ask for an ocean view room and make sure that the balcony door is fully closed or the AC won't work
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Choicequality,

Thank you for taking the time to write Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, I am sorry that the Hotel provide a mixed experience for you.

I will share your comments with my Team, as just like me they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your room and it's amazing ocean views.

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the Seafood Buffet and I have shared your feedback with the Executive Chef as he will be as disappointed as I was when I read your review. I would like to assure you that the Executive Chef and Brigade go to great lengths working with suppliers to provide our guests with the best possible ingredients which includes the seafood items for the Buffet, I am sorry your experience did not lie up to your expectations.

Thank you for your comments Choicequality and my Team and I do hope to welcome you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise again in the future,

Reviewed 8 November 2018

Being members of Accor Plus we've stayed at quite a few hotels under the Novotel brand and generally they are our hotel of choice. This hotel is in a very good location and very handy to the heart of Surfers Paradise and all of it's bars and restaurants. The downside to that is that even on the 35th floor we could not sleep due to very loud music coming one of the nightclubs and the noise went on until 3.00am. There's nothing the hotel can do about the noise but it is a factor to consider when choosing a hotel.

The hotel itself could benefit from a refresh. The room was well appointed and spacious but a little tired. The king bed was good and the view excellent. The public areas are wide and spacious but the acoustics are bad and they are very noisy. The breakfast buffet was good but they appeared to be understaffed and the staff were run off their feet trying to clear tables and keep the food items restocked.

Room tip: As high a floor as possible to reduce nightclub noise.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Paddy-Relle,

Thank you for taking the time to write Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, it is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our AccorPlus members.

I will share your comments with my Team, as just like me they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed their service and the great location of the Hotel where you can enjoy a short walk to all of the attractions that Surfers Paradise has to offer.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by external noise in your room on the 35th Floor and that you found breakfast to be very busy. The Hotel is currently trialing opening the Restaurant from 6am - 10.30am to reduce the amount of guests arriving at the same time however without taking reservations for breakfast times this can still be unpredictable and I am sorry if you were inconvenienced by the busy environment.

Thank you for your comments Paddy-Relle and my Team and I do hope to welcome you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise again very soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights and overall was a great place to stay. Centrally located and easy access to shopping, beach, restaurants and supermarket. Breakfast was good and the hotel service was excellent. A little tip prior to checking in, sign up for the free loyalty program (Le club Accor hotels) and get free WiFi. Happy holidays.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank borg69

Dear borg69,

Thank you for taking the time to write Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from guests.

I will share your comments with my Team, as just like me they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed their excellent service and the great location of the Hotel where you can enjoy a short walk to all of the attractions that Surfers Paradise has to offer.

I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the Buffet Breakfast with it's large variety of choices, including espresso coffee.

Thank you for your endorsement borg69 and my Team and I do hope to welcome you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise again very soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2018

When a family is going on holidays with two young children, you hope for a stress free holiday. But with two young children, you also know that it will not happen, so you hope the things that are constant (transport, accommodation) will be stress free. This was not the case.

The Positives

The room was clean and presentable. A couple of marks on the walls, a couple of smudges on the mirror in the bathroom...we are not fancy people, we don't care about things like that. The room was cleaned everyday, and restocked with toiletries and coffee etc everyday. Checking out was smooth and painless. The pool was great, and we had no issues with the laundry (except the price, a little more expensive than other in-house laundries we have experienced). For the most part, the staff were friendly and helpful, and it was nice to have someone at the door welcome us back if we had been out late. We didn't use parking, so cant comment on that. A request we had put in a couple of months before our stay, of hoping for a room with a bathtub, was granted, which was a blessing. Oh, and toys for the kids, something I have never seen anywhere else.

The Negatives

The internet was non-existent for the majority of the trip. We had become Leclub members specifically for the purpose of free wifi, and with the exception of about ten to fifteen minutes of usable wifi on our second day, we could not get on at all. Multiple trips to the front desk did not result in much, and one man behind the desk even lied to someone on the same floor as me, saying an issue had only just happened despite the fact that this was my third day there with the same issue, and I was in queue right behind this customer.

Despite having four people staying in a room, we were only provided with two towels.

Having two room keys, and suddenly one stops working. Go down to the desk, and straight away they say "Have you altered your booking at all".

A tour desk (run by an outside company I was told), staffed for only two four hour blocks during the day, and not even having someone there for a good portion of it. As a result, having to go to 7-11 or a tram stop to buy Go cards. This is the only hotel on the Gold Coast that I have stayed at, where I could not purchase a Go card inside the hotel for the majority of the time...and this is even at hotels with tour desks inside.

Four people in the room, yet only one desk chair and a single seater lounge that was too low to use at the desk to eat meals from (no separate table in the room). Had to use a chair from the balcony to sit at the desk.

When checking in, did not know my LeClub number. Most places would be able to look it up on their systems, but here you have to find it yourself.

Would I stay here again? Possibly, if the price was right.

Room tip: Always ask for a free upgrade, told by a guest if we had done this when we checked in, we would have gotten a family room for no extra cost
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Robert S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your detailed feedback following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, I am sorry that the Hotel provided a mixed experience for you, as a Le Club member your feedback is very important to me.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you found the Team friendly and helpful throughout your time with us.

I am disappointed to received your comments about the preparation of your room and I have shared your experience with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure that the Team are paying close attention to the number of guests arriving in each room to ensure that the correct number of towels and amenities are placed in every room and I am sorry for your inconvenience.

I am sorry that you had issues with the wi-fi working intermittently throughout your stay, as you rightly point out, Le Club members do receive complimentary wi-fi, therefore I am very sorry that this did not occur. Please rest assured that I am working closely with the Hotel's wi-fi provider to supply a reliable and stable service for all of our guests in both their room and the public areas.

Thank you again for your comments Robert S and I do hope that you will provide my Team and I the opportunity to serve you better next time you visit the Gold Coast, if you do or if I can be of any other assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly,

HA7P0-GM@accor.com