2,637 results
All reviewstropical fishcitrique restaurantfish feedingelandra clubjunior suitesalt water lagoonseafood buffetpool areathe gold coastlobby barvacation clubman made beachamazing poolthe club loungehigh tearoom servicean ocean view room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have to say that we enjoyed the Seafood Buffet but Clair our table waitress was excellent. It has been a long time since I have had someone of her caliber in a restaurant look after me. If all of the staff are as great as her it will mean a lot of repeat business. Food was great as well.Top night.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Marriott S, General Manager at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear peterchristo3158,

Thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience with us, it is greatly appreciated. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the seafood buffet and Claire your waitress was excellent. We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The studio is clean with great lagoon view. Staff including all Marriott Vacation Club Executives are very cheerful and helpful. The swimming pools are really good as many others commented. The seafood buffet is average but with reasonable price. I would highly recommended this resort.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear puiyingjoannac,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you found your room clean with a great view of the lagoon.We are so pleased that all staff you encountered were helpful and you loved the swimming pools. We can't wait to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Thankyou to all the beauitiful staff that made our wedding anniversary so special. Special shout out to Julia in the bar, Jenny at the Ruby spa and Richard at Citrique.

Seafood buffet was superb, junior suite spacious, staff a mix of young and older..perfect! Thankyou for having us. Our third time here and we continue to be impressed.

Dear D2438HJnatalieb,

We are thrilled to hear that all staff made your wedding anniversary a special one, especially Julia, Jenny and Richard! We are so glad that you enjoyed the seafood buffet at Citrique and your junior suite room. We hope to have you back again for a fourth time.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I don't normally spend more than a night or so in the same hotel let alone a 5 star resort like the Marriott. But when we were offered a 3 night stay at a ridiculously cheap price by the Marriott Vacation club, how could we resist? Of course it was all to entice us to join the club but we would still like to thank the Marriott for such a lovely short holiday. For the first time we got to go inside the 5 star resort with the famed lagoon where you can swim with tropical fish. Seriously that pool was certainly the highlight. I could stay there all day swimming beneath the waterfall, relaxing in the heated spa in an impressive man-made cave. Not a fan of places that charge for everything though - like the daybeds. You have to rent them. What's the deal with that? That aside, from the moment we arrived we felt welcomed. The staff were lovely. When I asked for firmer pillow they gave me some memory foam ones and I've never slept better in a hotel room. I must apologize to the poor concierge however who offered to move our car. It's electric and so is a bit different. Speaking of electric cars, the resort has 2 Tesla charge stations in its carpark. While these are great, not all electric cars are Teslas so may I suggest the resort get adapter cables for them so that other models can use them too?
The Citrique restaurant was great too. We dined there and ate Al a Carte (the seafood buffet was expensive- I could not eat $79 worth of buffet food if it was my last meal!) So we ordered the duck three ways. It was delicious. So too was the chocolate dessert we had afterwards. I bet the chef enjoyed making it too. Overall, if you like busy, kid and tourist- filled resorts with all the fancy trimmings, buffets with mountains of prawns and pools that rival a water theme parks', the Marriott Surfers Paradise Resort and Spa is the destination for you. I didn't get to enjoy all the resort had to offer but I bought a return ticket (so to speak) so we'll be back. So Marriott you consider that cable and I'll bring my snorkel.

Dear Min B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay with us. We are so pleased that the Marriott Vacation Club was able to assist you in having a lovely short holiday. It is great to hear that your family loved the pool with the tropical fish and you experienced 5 star service from all staff members. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

My family and I had a great vacation at Gold Coast. It was made more pleasant by the awesome service by overall staff at the Marriot. From the front desk Kathrene who was all in smile and helpful. Another person was a waitress in the Citrique coffee house,Claire who was very very pleasant and took good care of us.
Finally, I must really thank Rika, the Duty Manager who assisted us during a small mishap in the room. She was very fast to administer first aid, arranged the housekeeping the clean the room,got the club room to the opened for us while our room was being cleaned. She also ensured we were ok after the ordeal. Finally to the housekeeping team (forgot to get her name) for the ensuring our room is thoroughly cleaned and she even refuse a small tip that i offered saying its their duty.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear KSurain,

We love hearing about your experiences during your stay. It is great to hear that you had a great vacation that was made even more pleasant by the amazing staff. It is always lovely to hear that all staff members you encountered provided you with true Surfers Paradise Marriott service. We can't wait to have you back soon.