“brilliant!”

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney, Australia
“brilliant!”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

the BEST hotel i have ever experienced.
My partner and I stayed there only one night, but the experience was fantastic.
For a small additional cost we were upgraded to a jr. king suite. The hotel and facilities were amazing, and the staff were all willing to go out of their way and do anything for us.
Special mention to Jenny at reception who was very kind and very helpful.
10/10. recommended to everyone and anyone

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This five star property provides comfortable accommodation, incorporates a fabulous seafood resteraunt, and is in easy walking distance to SeaWorld. Views over the broadwater and gold coast hinterland are stunning. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the broadwater if you want an ocean outlook. It really doesn't matte...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Wow what a stunning hotel.. It was just what we needed! We had actually booked into another hotel but as the room was nothing short of disgusting, we rang and tried our luck at this hotel and I have to say it was the best decision we made. The staff that greeted us at our car were very welcoming as too where the staff that checked us in. Our room was clean and very comfortable and as we had booked a room on the 26th floor this entitled us to a private club on the 27th floor... I have to admit the perks of this club were worth the extra money we spent on our room. Nothing beats wine and canapé’s at sunset over looking the ocean. The pool area was beautiful; we hired a day bed for 4 hours. my only complaint was one of the staff in the bar was very rude and basically snorted at me for asking if I can get some shade over our bed, he basically treated me like a spoilt princess... lucky for me my partner likes to wander around and check everything out and found me a day bed in the shade. But in saying this, our stay at the Marriott was wonderful and I didn't even bother bringing this up at check out... I liked our stay so much that I will not bother even looking at another hotel when going back to the Gold Coast, I have been there a few times and I generally like to try different places, but I just don't think this place can be beat!

Room Tip: if you can afford it and want to spoil yourself or your partner, choose a room on the the 26th floor...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed at the Marriott for 10 days with our teenage kids. They had a ball with the tropical fish and pool area. Beautiful surroundings. A nice 10 minute walk to all the action.
Rooms well maintained and housekeeping excellent. The beds and especially the pillows are heaven!
Check in was 2pm but our room was ready at 9am, and had great views of the pool. We were very happy staying there and would go back again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank angieP050
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed for a weekend with my wife and found the shower in our room was moldy and the floor of the shower was peeling up. The room was nice otherwise and clean. The room was dated however and I would not rate this a 5 star hotel, based on the dated decor, unclean and unserviced bathroom and the old appearance of the furniture.

I asked to be moved to another room and was glad the reception staff organised this for me. We were told that they would transfer our luggage and that they had in fact done this already when we received our new swipe cards (a few hours later after being out) and we couldn't find our luggage. It hadn't been transferred and we then had to search it down.

Lots of little things let this resort down.

The tepanyaki restaurant and the pool service is very good.

There are many other hotels that probably don't cost as much to stay in on the gold coast.

I probably won't be returning here any time soon.

• Stayed February 2012