“Great food and very reasonibly priced”
Review of Cafe Renaissance - CLOSED

Cafe Renaissance
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Byron Bay, Australia
“Great food and very reasonibly priced”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a good feed enjoyed the food location and service and all for a good price

• Visited November 2011

“Terrible learn from my mistake and don't go”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Food was next to ok service was terrible had to leave my table to get drinks cashier was very grumpy and awfull couldn't count to split the bill also had random items I hadn't ordered on the bill.

“Italian???”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Italian restaurant? Not even the name! I'm Italian and restaurant manager, we were there yesterday and we ordered a orrible spaghetti marinara (the fish was from the can, pasta overoverovercooked) and a oily pizza... The worst pizza I ever had... I travel around the world because of my job and I like to try different restaurant... But never disappointed like yesterday... I almost forgot: 1 pizza, 1 pasta, 2 glasses of wine 79 bucks!

2 Thank Robundkerstin
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Below average and overpriced”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We went here for dinner on a Friday. We were lured by the wide range of options on the menu and that there were a few seafood offerings. There was a cabaret singer performing outside all the restaurants in the complex, lending a romantic and casual air to the outdoor seating area. Service was mixed - one friendly waitress who managed a smile, but a surly waiter who treated customers like an inconvenience. Surprising, considering that the owner was sitting outside and watching what was going on! I selected oysters for entree ($14 for 1/2 dozen) and my partner chose the salt and pepper calamari ($14). You can't go too wrong with oysters and they met expectations. That was where the good food stopped however. The calamari was bland and greasy, with very little flavour of salt and pepper. The serving was huge, however, as it sat on a mound of chips. For main I chose the grilled snapper fillets ($32) and my partner chose a chicken risotto ($28). My fish was a little dry, but passable, covered in a tasteless, creamy sauce. The waitress hadn't asked what sides I'd like, so I got the default of lumpy mashed potato and steamed vegies. The risotto was the worst I'd ever tried - no flavour whatsoever, again drowned in cream, but no redeeming features to speak of. Nothing some decent stock and a few fresh herbs couldn't fix. Drinks were average price - $7 for James Boag, $8 for a glass of sauvignon blanc. At $118, this was an overpriced and disappointing meal and we wished we'd gone elsewhere!

• Visited September 2011