3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 135
Hotels.comUSD 135
PricelineUSD 135
eDreamsUSD 135
CheapTicketsUSD 135
TravelocityUSD 135
4,477 results
All reviews the executive lounge salt restaurant relaxation suite the gold coast ocean view bedroom apartment an upgrade buffet breakfast high floor indoor pool light rail amazing views noise surfers level clubs balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton residences for 6 nights. Upon arrival we noticed a foul sewerage smell in the apartment & finally found it was coming from the drain in the bathroom floor. It was pretty bad but better once we placed plastic bags and heavy object over the drain. On our second day one of the three lifts stopped working. By the weekend the hotel which was at 97% capacity (told by a staff member) the remaining 2 lifts broke down too. With no way up to our room and waiting 45 mins we were finally allowed to use the stairs and climbed to our floor, pitty those who were on level 32.

The Hilton should have done more to have all 3 lifts working knowing it was a busy weekend (only 2 were fixed). Long waits for lifts (up to 20-25 mins).

Good location though & central to many cafes, shops, bars & close to Cavill Ave & beach.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tinacritic
Hilton S, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2019

Dear tinacritic,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience of your stay with us at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am sorry to hear about the shortfalls of your stay, your valuable feedback is important for us to make improvements. I have shared your comments regarding the room not being up to standard directly with our Housekeeping Executive to ensure appropriate follow up with her team. I would also like to apologise for the inconvenience with regards to the lift delays. Again, your feedback will be followed up to ensure we improve our guest's experience.

Thank you again tinacritic, I hope that you will consider staying with us again on your future travels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2019

If you are looking for a Hilton experience then forget it. You will be very disappointed. Furniture is cheap, stained and mismatched. Carpets are stained and torn. Room service was disappointing. No mini bar - just horrible

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jeanine C,

I am sorry to hear about the shortfalls of your stay, your valuable feedback is important for us to make improvements. I have shared your comments regarding the room not being up to standard directly with our Housekeeping Executive to ensure appropriate follow up with her team. I would also like to apologise for the inconvenience with regards to your Mini bar. All hotel rooms have a card in the minibar area inviting guests to call Magic to have their fridge stocked. I do apologise if this wasn't communicated to you. Again, your feedback will be followed up to ensure we improve our guest's experience.

Thank you again Jeanine C, I hope that you will consider staying with us again on your future travels.

Reviewed 21 October 2019

The mattress caused me terrible backache. I never experience such things in other Hilton hotels that i stay before. The feeling of welcome is not there and i do not feel any different being as Gold member beside free mineral water.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear GaryGan82,

I am sorry to hear about the shortfalls of your stay, your valuable feedback is important for us to make improvements. I have shared your comments regarding the room not being up to standard directly with our Chief Engineer to ensure appropriate follow up with his team. I would also like to apologise for the inconvenience with regards to your not feeling valued as a Gold member. Again, your feedback will be followed up to ensure we improve our guest's experience.

Thank you again GaryGan82, I hope that you will consider staying with us again on your future travels.

Reviewed 16 October 2019 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location for people who enjoy the hustle and bustle of Surfers Paradise, and the king relaxation suite was spacious (albeit definitely not 5 star), however that’s unfortunately where the positive feedback ends.

I’ve felt that the Hilton as a chain has been declining in reputation, service, value for money and luxury in recent years, and after staying in this hotel, I will never book to stay in a Hilton again.
The service is absolutely disgusting, and the way that staff treat guests is appalling.
My stay was for a 4 night holiday with my fiancé, and the night before I arrived I broke my foot, leaving me on crutches and in pain for the duration of the holiday. I definitely don’t expect any special treatment, however the staff were the most unhelpful of any hotel I’ve ever stayed in. The service they provide was that of a 3 star motel, and not of a 5 star hotel for a guest who has paid for the largest room. From the moment I walked in, my fiancé and I struggled to push suitcases with me on crutches, and not a single person was in sight to offer to help. I had to nudge a suitcase along by pushing it with my crutch while I hopped to get it to the front desk, and along the way a staff member walked past, stopped, looked me up and down struggling and in pain, then just kept walking.
During the day the lobby is understaffed, and I never once saw the lobby cafe open.
Whilst the service had been underwhelming, it wasn’t until the last night that escalated it to completely horrible, when my partner ordered me room service to save me having to hop downstairs. The attendant on the phone told my partner it was $8 surcharge to bring up room service, and my partner asked to save the surcharge if he could go down to collect it and bring it to me. The attendant responded with “in future read the bottom of the menu, and watch your language” then hung up on him?! Maybe he misheard my partner’s British accent however since he was speaking in a polite tone and just simply asked a question, I can’t imagine what coarse language he may have misheard before slamming the phone down? It was completely bizarre and left us stunned. I have never encountered service so strange let alone just completely rude.

On top of the staff attitude, the hotel is dated, poorly designed, and aesthetically completely missed the mark of the luxury hotel that it’s advertised as. Even in the king suite the carpet is stained, the walls are covered in marks, and the lack of much furniture or decoration makes it look completely sterile. I’ve stayed in public hospital rooms that were more carefully designed. It’s no where near worth the value of what you pay, and after going to the Marriott for dinner we were stunned that both hotels are advertised as the same star rating and cost similar amounts yet Hilton looks like a cheap airport hotel in comparison.

It seems as if the Hilton chain is just going to continue to become outdated until it’s no longer even able to advertise as luxurious. For a business trip it’s bearable due to the location however if you’ve worked hard for a nice relaxing holiday then I would recommend to take your money elsewhere that actually aims to provide an enjoyable experience as you certainly won’t get it here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hilton S, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2019

Dear brie182,

I am sorry to hear about the shortfalls of your stay, your valuable feedback is important for us to make improvements. I have shared your comments regarding the service challenges you experienced through out your stay directly with our Director of Operations to ensure appropriate follow up with his team. I would also like to apologise for the inconvenience with regards to your luggage and am sorry that our concierge team were not available to help you on your arrival. Again, your feedback will be followed up to ensure we improve our guest's experience.

Thank you again brie182, I hope that you will consider staying with us again on your future travels.

Reviewed 12 October 2019

I stayed at the Hilton Residence Gold Coast in a 2 bedroom Ocean, sky residence fro. 6-11 October. We had a great time and loved all the amenities offered.
Despite been checked in to our apartment which was not exactly what we had booked, we were a little disappointed with our apartment with only a glimpse of the ocean.
I decided to head back down to the front desk and speak with Manager.
I would like to thank Luke, Guest service manager for his professionalism, care and for making our stay enjoyable, Luke was understanding and immediately rectified the issue, we were offered a beautiful ocean view apartment on Level 34. Thank you Luke we hope to see you again soon :)
Conceirage staff were amazing, I would like to personally thank Tom and congratulate him on his outstanding interpersonal skills, and flare for efficiency and customer
satisfaction.
Staff at Catch every morning for breakfast were efficient. The food was 5 Star, the egg station and fresh fruit and other international food choices was fresh and tasty. The chefs were always attentive and always welcomed us with a smile. Catherine on the front desk was always welcoming every morning, Julia, the waitress was also caring and customer focussed. Food and beverage managers were always on deck and made sure everything was running smooth.
Checkout was efficient with Sarah at the front desk, thank you very much.
We will definitely be back again.
Rawah El Samman

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sarahbeee78
Hilton S, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2019

Dear sarahbee78,

Thank you for your time sharing the experience of your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was fantastic all around! Your valuable feedback is what drives us to continuing deliver exceptional services to all guests!

Thank you again for the lovely comment sarahbee78, we look forward to welcoming you back again at Hilton Surfers Paradise in the near future!

General Manger