My husband and I, free of children for the first time in many years, decided to stay at the newly opened Hilton in Surfers Paradise over Easter 2012. Brand new hotel, excellent weather forecast and a quick journey from our Brisbane home. Tick, tick, tick. We arrived early (by 8.30am) having taken our 18 year old daughter to Brisbane Airport en route. We had a bit of a laugh about the time we would reasonably expect to check. I was the most cautiously optimistic with 2 pm. The husband (generally less optimistic) offered 4pm. How pleased were we with our welcome. We have (on many occasions) been berated for arriving so early, but this was not the case at the Hilton. Our charming check in lady was pleased to advise that, whilst the room was not quite ready, the occupants had checked out and would we like to have breakfast in the lounge whilst our room was cleaned? Thank you...yes. The lounge on level 15 offered the most beautiful views of one of the most spectacular beaches on the planet. We were happy to while away 1 hour whilst our room was prepared. We were in our room by 9.30 am! The room was great, we were on level 12 with some views to the north. This hotel with its obviously well trained staff ( we could not fault anyone who looked after us, from the lounge staff who were struggling with full occupancy to reception and the lovely staff in the restaurant) is flawed only by its location. Thank goodness for double or triple glazing. The hotel is located on Orchid Avenue which is a mish mash of nightclubs, bars and eateries which comes into its own after midnight! Suffice to say Orchid Avenue has its own police station and lockup! Loved the hotel and the staff, hated the location in by far the sleaziest part of the Gold Coast! Of course, we are not there for clubbing just a spot of r and r! Our overall feeling was that this is a hotel, not a resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location. The new signature restaurant at Hilton Surfers Paradise, Catch, offers a coastal atmosphere, and a menu focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel Gold Coast