“Local Gem”

Alfresco Italian Restaurant
Reserve with
Alfresco Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 7 - USD 37
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Local Gem”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Dinner only alway full, it's a local secret but being on the main road tourist drop in and get a great surprise.  Looks like mama's house food exceptional best Italian on Coast

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gold Coast
“Absolutely Amazing..”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Came here for dinner with my friends on a Friday night, it was very busy but the food was amazing & the waiters were still very friendly although under pressure. Big ups to the Starters/entree chef as this is the 2nd time I have been here & both times the starters & entrees have been the best part of the meal.. so thank you for that. I will definately be returning. The last starter I had was on the specials board - crumbed camembert.. SOO good!! So please give my compliments to the starters chef!!

• Visited January 2012
raff747, General Manager at Alfresco Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you so much for your great review !
We always love receiving positive feedback & we take so much pride in our service and food.
Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you soon.
Brisbane, Australia
“OK food but overpriced & misled by staff”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Took family to Surfers Paradise and thought we'd try there since we got a coupon.
Just to make sure I checked with the staff if I was allowed to use the coupon and was told that he'd checked with the 'manager' and it's all good. The coupon was buy one get one free main, so I wanted to know which ones on the menu were 'mains', the staff said don't worry it's just a fixed amount discount so we can order whatever, which is what we did. The food was alright, steak was good but the pastas were so-so. When the bill came it wasn't what we're told by that waiter and then I was made to feel silly for not reading the coupon properly, I tried to explain that their staff told me otherwise but 'manager/ owner' said "it doesn't matter what the waiter says", while I understand the waiter might not know about the coupon deals, I consider a waiter as a representative of the restaurant and what he says should carry some weight. Anyway, just feel dissappointed about that as we would've ordered differently if we weren't told the wrong thing.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank asparagus888
We apologize that the information you received from our staff regarding your entertainment voucher was not clear however it clearly states on the voucher that you recieve one complimentary MAIN COURSE when another MAIN COURSE of equal or greater value is purchased.
Our main meals are: any regular or large pizza, pasta, veal, chicken, steak or seafood dish. Entrees, salads & kids meals are not considered a main meal.
My staff are not employed by entertainment card & they know that we accept the coupon however not all off them know exactly how it works.
Since you have reviewed us on trip advisor I have personally contacted Entertainment Card to ensure we are doing the right thing and they said we doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing which is giving away the least expensive main meal.
Once again we do apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding however my staff were just following the terms of the voucher.
As a goodwill gesture if you would like to dine with us again we will be happy to give you another free main meal.
Kind Regards
Alfresco On Management
“Amazing food, amazing service. High recommend.”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Great people. From the moment we walked in we felt at home. Recommend this restaraunt.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great authentic Italian food”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This restaurant was highly recommended and it did not disappoint. The service was efficient and attentive. The food was authentic Italian and delicious. Surprisingly we also managed to get a good espresso, a rarity in Surfers Paradise. Would definitely visit again.