“Great .. Would definitely stay again”
Review of Solaire Apartments

and 1 more site!
Solaire Apartments
Sydney, Australia
“Great .. Would definitely stay again”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We booked a two bedroom, two bathroom self contained apartment. The apartment was really nice and everthing new, modern and clean and very comfortable. The pool and spa area was great, and located on L 13 which provided great views of Surfers. The location was really good and short walk right into surfers main esplanade. Would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sabreena0303

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Rooms are new and pleasant, location a bit noisy and we had no views. Check in was complicated, o had to ring first but got put on hold for long periods. Reception closes too early and shut almost all weekend (isn't that when most guests arrive?). I discovered late at night that no spare toilet roll had been provided. Very inconvenient. I mentioned it at reception and was told they only provide one roll. Small but memorable lack of hospitality. Manager could care less. We stay in Surfers 3-4 times per year. Definately won't do Solaire again.

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank coleenr
Reviewed 21 April 2010

This is one of the best places to stay if you have a young family we had a special deal which was $99 a night for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment and its own undercover secure parking which is allocated to the apartment so you don’t have to fight for a car parking space like we did at the Vibe Hotel even though Vibe charged as the full rate for parking its first come first served so we will never stay there again.

This was a first experience at booking an apartment because we have stayed in hotel before but never an apartment, I was very nervous when I got to the apartment but once my husband opened the door we were very happy and so were my little ones.
It was very clean and nicely furnished and the bathrooms were very modern we also had a walk in robe with and ensuite, reception staff very nice and helpful; we arrived late so the reception had the courtesy to ring me on my mobile to advise how I could get into my apartment which didn’t leave us stranded when we arrived after a long drive from Sydney with little children.

Thanks for a nice experience!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Taz069
Redcliffe, Australia
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Well i was looking forward to a relaxing holiday with my parents at what was suppose to be a self rated 4 star apartment. But i found it to be worse apartment we ever stayed in due to us been on the first floor right onto traffic light junction. The noise was absolutely terrible and we found it hard to sleep at night from the traffic and the hoons going up and down until the early hours and some very noisey neighbours. The wardrobe have adjoining door so you can hear everything thats going on next door and the smoke came throught the gap that was around the door right on too our hung up clothes. It also was not very clean i had to put all dishes through the dishwasher and cleaned bathroom before i was going to let anyone use it. I have stayed in cleaner and quieter back packers and enjoyed my accommodation better than this one so i not a fussy person. We asked politely after the first night whether they would be able to move us to another apartment maybe around the back or highter up to get away from the noise and said that we were finding it hard to sleep at night. But got a negative response from the lady and gentleman at reception. They didn't even try to move us and didn't seem bothered about our complaint. They said it noisy everywhere in surfers paradise we shouldn't stay there if we wanted somewhere quiet. I even called the people i booked the holiday through and they had a word with them too but they still wouldn't move us . we just had to wear ear plugs and try enjoy our holiday reguardless of the lack of sleep. I have never had to complain about anywhere before but i think these apartments were really bad so have to let other people know. we paid a good rate for 5 nights too, really felt it was a rip off. The whole building was filthy and need a deep clean expecially the pool area. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worse enemy and don't believe any of the good reviews on this place it was terrilbe disapointment.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank mini030
MELBOURNE
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Ok so we arrived at 8:00am in the morning and even though we rang 48hrs prior to advise this, we were given no other option but to sit and wait with a 2 year old in the lobby for one hour until the gentleman at the front desk arrived. On the surface things were lovely. We were plesently surprised to say the least, after reading reviews we were expecting the worst. Then it all went down hill. The bed in the 2nd bedroom, the bars were bent, and my 10kilo 2 year old could make it wobble from side to side by just getting onto it. We advised it was dangerous and so the took it down. Instead of moving us to a different apartment or replacing the bed my daughter slept on a mattress on the floor for 6 nights. I opened the oven to grill some cheese on toast only to find dirty foil in the oven.. yuk! The shower had soap grime and sink had mould around the tops. The phone in the room did not work and was never fixed or looked at throughout our entire stay, the televsion remote was broken and again was not fixed or attended to throughout our entire stay and so on a relaxing holiday we had to constantly get up to change the channel. The spa i could almost put money on, was not cleaned our whole stay. Their was a red button that sat on the bottom of the spa the whole time which would indicate it had not been cleaned as it constantly smelt like sweaty feet and had sand in it. On the last day we went to take our daughter for a swim in the pool and their was dirty toilet paper in the bottom of the pool. atleast 7-10 squares of it. I went downstairs and was told by the gentleman that we could either get it out ourselves or not swim. i was horrified. Upon leaving i was asked why i did not bring up the other cleanliness items of the apartment, one would question why bother when i am expected to fish out dirty toilet paper from your pool?
Worst of all, the entire stay i had wondered why my husband left one paid of underware on my side of the walk in robe. I never questioned him just merely shrugged my shoulders thinking, pfftt men. It was not until we got home and i unpacked the bags i realised these were dirty underware. I said to my husband why didnt you give me these to wash before we left with his reply those are not mine thats why i left them on the empty shelve of the walk in robe. I was so disgusted that DIRTY underware had been left in the walk in robe that i had then consquently touched and put in my luggage.
We were called 2 days after our departure and abused and yelled out because their was a little strawberry nesquick on the bench from when i made my daughters bottle as we were walking out at 4:00am to go to the airport and 4 beer bottles on the bench which needed to be thrown out and a small plastic bag of rubbish also needing to be thrown out. They were intending on charging us extra cleaning to wipe over a bench that in my opinion nesquick or no nesquick should be getting wiped anyway and for throwing out a small amount of rubbish. Needless to say when i let them know about the filthy underware the firty toilet paper in the pool and the fact my daghter slept on a bed the entire stay, we were not charged.
The service was rude the entire stay and i kept excusing it as well we only paid $120 a night what do you expect? but you know what for a $120 a night the least we deserve is a smile and friendly staff. If their was a way i could tell enough people not to stay their and get this place shut down or have new management take over i would feel completly satisfied. I have never in my whole life stayed somewhere where i have left feeling so bitterly disapointed and disgusted in not only the service but the whole place. Please Please reconsider staying here!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family