All reviews seafood buffet kids club convection microwave man made lagoon pool lagoon area warm hospitality full size fridge one bedroom suite the salt water pool marina mirage extra space hotel location is tropical fish shower cap the hotel offers long weekend huge bathroom
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Stayed at the Marriott Vacation club for a long weekend, the room was nice but a bit small for a Deluxe King Room, I swear my bed was a Queen... Even though they say it was renovated a year ago our bathroom was outdated, the water ran so slow it was awful. My pillow was so soft I couldn't sleep so when I called down to ask for a new pillow, the lady was rude saying that their pillows are not soft and they would bring me a memory foam pillow - which was worse.

The restaurants were over priced, the pools were ok expected more and having to pay $15 per day to park my car at the resort - rip off what did my rate pay for???

Will definately not be going back there again - rather stay at the Hilton...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Efsta
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. It is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We look forward to exceeding expectations on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We stayed at the Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise for a long weekend - not until we arrived did I realise that it's actually part of the same hotel as the standard Marriott in Surfers Paradise. All of the facilities are shared. I note this because the rooms at the standard Marriott here were a good bit more expensive than those categorised as Vacation Club rooms. And, the Vacation Club rooms had a mini-kitchen so it even offered more functionality.

Our room was nice, a little small but manageable. You could tell it was recently renovated and it had a view of the pools and the ocean. No complaints there.

Service at the front desk was great - we checked in late with no problems and the woman checking us in was friendly and informative.

I say the stay was overall pricey because there weren't any 'wows' around the resort. It was all very nice but nothing amazing to justify the cost.

Parking is $15 underneath the building, so convenient. Staying at the resort gave you in and out parking within the same day with no extra charge.

The two pools were lovely - one you could snorkel with ocean reef fish. There were faux caves/waterfalls and a slide. But, the biggest downside of the resort was the SPACE AROUND THE POOLS. For such a big resort - comprised of both the Vacation Club and standard Marriott - there was not adequate space for sitting. Looking out our room window, we could see all of the pool chairs were taken by 8:30am...seriously. It was a fight to find seating...people had their belongings anywhere they could just to have a place near the pools. I can't imagine how their math adds up...counting the number of rooms and people...factoring that a percentage will be elsewhere and that a small percentage will go to the pools...still was higher than the paltry number of chairs around the pool.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aranchia
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Reviewed 5 October 2017

First impressions include the WOW factor with the long circular driveway, impressive entrance, with its opulent lobby area with gigantic, moving, ceiling-mounted, palm leaves styled, electric fans, adding to a classy but tropical setting & ambience.
I had inadvertently booked my Gold Coast vacation, in “peak” high season being Aussie schools’ 3rd term holidays, so the Marriott Gold Coast Surfers Paradise was 100% full to capacity. My stupidity for not checking prior to my long range booking
The Concierges are keen & eager to assist & provide a warm welcoming, friendly welcoming.
As stated, it was peak holiday time and there were also conferences & events held simultaneously so check-in was a bit of a wait. The service was efficient & polite & one is offered Belgian styled gourmet chocolates on a shell platter. Some were even offered champagne. I checked in solo and was asked where my husband was which was a bit 1960s. Other than that, checkin went smoothly.
Before I knew it, I was on my way to my room, accompanied by the concierge, doing all the schlepping of my heavy luggage.
The rooms are large & bright, luxurious enormous & well set out that create an amazing ambience and international 5***** Star feeling. My holiday begins seamlessly.
My views were spectacular! I enjoyed the changing views and impressions of the horizon as the brightly lit day, morphed into sunset, followed by the bright lights of this growing, coastal metropolis. The Gold Coast is going through another burst of growth, development and expansion, with the skyline constantly changing.
There are bars & restaurants from which to choose & a good sign was that there seemed to be plenty of patronage from non Marriott guests.
The grounds & landscaping are beautiful with live fish in the man-made lagoon.
One can watch the fish being fed every morning.
There is even a cave and a long meandering pool as well as an outdoor bar & restaurant that was doing brisk service.
I have NEVER experienced such a high level of service in all my travels.
Staff are literally there at one’s “beck and call”
The gym is excellent with top quality and adequate equipment.
As well as having a well organised “kids’ club” the resort offers other recreational, opt-in activities for adults.
These were excellent, well run & lots of fun. My only gripe was that in my second week, these activities were often canceled due to staff illness or absences.
How about a list of call-up or locum staff, Marriott? Room for improvement!
Other than this minor aggravation, my stay at the Marriott Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast was close to perfect! 9.9/10!
Excellent!

Room Tip: Marriott’s location out of the centre, ensures peaceful environment! TransLink’s “Surfers Paradise North” tram stop’s 100 metres away
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Charlotte F
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for a perfect review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse at Surfer's Paradise. We hope you will join us again sometime.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Booked 5 nights "on points". Had never been to this hotel ....or Surfers Paradise for that matter so we had no expectation at all. WOW, WOW, WOW! This Marriott was out of this world, and we've been to a few in our time! From the moment we stepped in to the foyer the cool, calm colours, mix of modern and traditional and great welcome by staff, I just knew it was going to be good. Our room on the 19th Floor was outstanding - a mini apartment would be the best way to describe it. Master bedroom was spacious with a huge en suite with bath & shower. Seascape colours, decor and modern. Our son had the very comfortable double bed settee in the main area, with kitchen & dining facilities off side. He too had a spacious bathroom with seperate bath and shower. Both rooms had balconies facing the beach/city/waterways. The 2 sleeping areas gave great personal space. We paid for a breakfast/parking & movies package which in our opinion was excellent value. Breakfast is to die for!! See also review for Citrique Restaurant. Dining in the bar area gave us great informal food options and Misono the Steakhouse was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Staff were super friendly, especially poolside where it was busy at times. Now let me mention the pool, no ordinary pool, a lagoon pool with a sandy beach and fish, water sides, snorkelling, quiet garden areas, free loungers everywhere, cabanas and daybeds to hire - for that special moment. The gardens are beautiful and right on the waterway too. There's a gym, a Spa, Hair Salon, Kids Club...it goes on. We thoroughly enjoyed every single moment of staying here. Surfers Paradise was maybe not our thing but the hotel certainly was! Well Done Marriott at Surfers Paradise and thanks for the experience.

Room Tip: 19th floor was quiet and luxurious
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JDFC13
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for a perfect review! We are so happy to hear you had a great stay with us here at Marriott Vacation Club at Surfer's Paradise. We hope you will join us again sometime.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

very stylish and value for money fantastic breakfast and lagoon pool is lovely ask the concierge for anything and he will go out of his way to help you. great under cover parking as well and great balcony view of the lagoon pool and the ocean.

Room Tip: book the lagoon view room great view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob J
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for a 5 star review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise.