All reviews a great stay views surfers ave ocean
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I can't believe I paid to stay at this hotel, Reception staff are extremely rude & are barely open, they charged me 50 $ for locking myself out of my room to let me back in, Also took my room deposit & when I asked for a reason was told because of what you did here, I asked politely what I had done wrong & was just given a repeat answer 'because of what you did' I stayed on my own had no visitors. As I was having a break from being Dads carer, the room was filthy & I spent the first day or 2 cleaning it. I DONT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE

Stayed: February 2017
2  Thank battlek2017
Jimmy L, Manager at The Emerald, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

We can not define who are you as you using only a nick name but from what you mentioned I guess you are Melainie Mc. Firstly, we hardly charge any guest call out fee or room damage last 3 months. Maybe you are having an emotional breakdown and forgot what you have done to the unit. You booked in for you and your sister, for 2 people only. End up you sneak in your daughter and 2 boyfriends and you have several strangers visit daily. You messed the dishwasher and flooded the kitchen, you shuffle all the furniture. you locked yourself out afterhours and your boyfriend attempted to break to the firedoor to get back in the lobby and was caught redhanded. and you left your minor in the unit unattended while you and your boyfriend walk out of the building. afterall you were still trying to stay longer as you are homeless and crying over the reception. I hope you are getting well, but to put a bad rating on internet will not cover what you have done to us. thank you. (However, please come forward and use real name to place a complain if you are not Mel and we are happy to discuss)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Old, dirty and unkempt. The staff were not helpful at all. It felt dirty and was obvious that the appartments don't get fully cleaned regularly. The kitchen oven and cupboards were also dirty with food.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I stayed in room 1302. The place is so run down it's crazy. The photo's do not look like the hotel we stayed in. They have been photo shopped to the max. However I could look past the broken lamps, peeling paint, rusty/mouldy bathrooms & broken facilities because of it's location & we just needed a place to sleep. However, when I woke up in the morning I was greeted by bed bugs crawling all over my pillow & mattress. On closer inspection my mattress and sheets had blood stains on them and the bugs were also crawling over the ceiling. I have never experienced anything like this before. My skin is still crawling from the situation 24 hours later. We were lucky enough to get our money back for the room however after reading reviews online, it seems this is an ongoing problem that no one cares about. I found reviews from a year ago for the same room stating that it had bed bugs. This is so not acceptable!!! DO NOT STAY HERE they clearly don't care about their guests. If they did they would have corrected the problem by now.

Room Tip: Don't book the 13th floor. It's infested with bugs
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The emerald is in a great location with lovely views of Surfers Paradise and the river. It is an older property and therefore has some issues like peeling paint in some areas but it is also priced accordingly. You can't expect 5 star for a 3 star price.

Inside it is clean and comfortable. The Manager, Wayne, is friendly, helpful and courteous and deals with any issues that may arise in an expeditious manner.

Overall we found it to be value for money.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank anausman
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Booked a night here. The Manager needs a holiday or needs to pursue a new career. Wayne was condescending and tired and on more than one occasion stated the bleeding obvious rudely.

You don't treat 60 year old Travellers in a rude and incorrect manner and a smile and a laugh goes a Long way in customer service.

Room was not clean especially bathrooms disgusting really and bleach and tile stain remover would go a Long way. Also plastic wine glasses? and no curtain over spa bath also see through curtains in all rooms including bedrooms...

The Emerald itself is in a very quiet location on the River with great views from the Upper rooms but it's an old and tired building and is way over priced for what you get.

I'm just so sick and tired of this type building and management style on the Gold Coast and can't see for the life of me how these type Managers can hold their jobs. I suppose they are lucky the Gold Coast is popular so they don't have to work hard at their personal style or dress code from a professional Management scale.

On a global scale The Emerald would be a 2/10. Deal with it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank shanotravelo95
Lloyd M, Front Office Manager at The Emerald, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Wayne is always nice to all guests at the Emerald and is never rude as you stated.
Maybe you were just having a bad day