“Sam”
Review of Malaysia House

Malaysia House
Ranked #19 of 200 Restaurants in Rockhampton
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Visited restaurant sat down asked if it was BYO or licensed. Was told BYO wine with $4 per glass corkage!!! Looked at the menu. Got up and walked out. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We ordered take away the waitress who took my order was getting impatient as I was reviewing the menu.
When a question was asked the young manager was butting in and was to the point of being rude.
Order was delivered in good time.
The food was awful the Home Made Duck was dryer than leather. It and been reheated too many times their special duck sauce is watered down Hoi- Sin Sauce. The only garnish /vegetable was 5 slice if 1/2 cucumber, watery and limp.
Coconut rice burnt , and the rice not only tasted burnt but the grains were also burnt and we received the scrapings of the pot.
Grilled chicken in Sauce, inedible, too much salt no flavour a gluggy brown mess with the same vegetable as the duck.
My advice is save your money and avoid

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Spent $37 on food for business trip. Asked for a cheap plastic container to dish into. Didn't know it was a big deal. Wanted to charge me. Rude and poor poor service. I won't be back.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We have just finished our Malaysian meal and are disappointed. The homemade BBQ Duck looked great but where was the duck? All I got was skin and bone! The most expensive dish on the menu I thought it would be amazing. The bones and dryness of the duck looked and tasted like it had been reheated a dozen times! I could not eat the Massaman curry, way too salty (I usually love salt)! I have never had pineapple in a Massaman curry before (which I thought was potato.) The satay skewers once again being the most expensive entree I thought would be amazing.... No.... Dry, ordinary satay sauce! I had my doubts when the takeaway order of 4 dishes was going to take 5 minutes. No recommendations!

1  Thank Kay P
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Was told to come here by a Malaysian friend. Arrived here for lunch with a friend. Ordered Char Kway Teow from the lunch menu and friend ordered Hor Fun from the a la carte menu. My Char Kway Teow was yummy but could do with more bean sprouts and garlic chives. My friends seem to enjoy her Hor Fun and portion was huge as she had to pack the rest of it home.