“Great Steaks”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The Criterion Hotel is just the place for a delicious steak.
This place has been busy at every visit over many years.
It is pub food but the steaks are great

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Large, renovated Hotel with plenty of seating, some booth style. Sit anywhere and order drinks from the bar and meals near the kitchen area. I really enjoyed a 200g rump steak, cooked to perfection. First I was told I could have the chips as they were gluten free then at the last minute I was told they weren't. I still enjoyed the mashed potato and a huge garden salad. My steak was $20 and came with two large sides and choice of sauce.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

It is not easy to get a good dinner at a reasonable price in Rocky. I am not normally into pubs all that much but the Criterion has a nice atmosphere as well as great meals. I tried a couple of the steak houses in Rockhampton, found them to be over priced and not very good. The Criterion is far better.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Conveniently located next to the riverfront, this is a great place to get a steak. After dinner you can go for a walk across the bridge to enjoy the decorative lights on the heritage buildings. I also saw fruit bats (flying foxes) in the trees between the Criterion and the bridge.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Well, there is a first time to everything - this is my first "terrible" rating in 250+ reviews, so go figure... Being unfamiliar with the place and only passing through Rocky, we entered through the hotel lobby (not through the main restaurant entrance) and sat in front of a bar adjacent to reception, yet at a table with menus on it and were immediately seen by a waiter serving food to the receptionist. Yet no greeting and no further contact was made. After choosing from the menu, both waiters serving the main room saw us waiting, yet again, no attempt to tell us that there may actually be a different ordering routine in place. As a last try, we moved up to the main room to one of the numbered tables, where both waiters passed by as if we were invisible. So we gave up after like 10 minutes and went elsewhere, maybe not as nicely decorated and atmospheric, but at least we were properly served.

2  Thank Martinzz