“Awesome food and service”
Review of Ribs and Rumps

Ribs and Rumps
Ranked #9 of 198 Restaurants in Rockhampton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had the most amazing food. Service was faultless and efficient. Great atmosphere. Definitely return trip. Thanks guys and gals.

4  Thank Sheree T
There are newer reviews for Ribs and Rumps

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Ribs tasted disgusting. Not sure how you managed that as there pretty hard to stuff up. We had the signature ribs the sauce sure made an impression......will never be back. Yuck I don't know if I'll even eat ribs for awhile after that experience. Waiters were nice though.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I went to this restaurant looking forward to some great pork ribs. Went with a special recommended by the waitress which included ribs and pork belly. Love both when they are cooked well. My meal arrived and I cut into the first of 2 anaemic looking pork belly strips only to find it was mostly fat, way over half was just undercooked fat. Cut into the second piece of pork belly and it is also mostly fat. So I go for the ribs. Cut up the first one and it is a little tough and also lots of fat. My fat pile on the plate is growing by the minute. Second piece of ribs was really quite nice, not the best I've had but definitely not the worst. Now came my favourite part. Waiter comes to take my plate and asks how was the meal. So I point to the large pile of fat on my plate and tell him first about the pork belly. His answer....that's how e get it from the distributor so it's not our fault!!! My answer was are you being serious here?? I then showed him the pile of fat from the ribs and his comment was....oh well I will tell the chef. This same conversation was pretty much repeated when I went to pay the bill leading me to believe that either I met 2 very like minded serving staff or they are used to these kinds of comments. Extremely underwhelming on all counts and definitely will not ever be back .

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I visited Ribs and Rumps in the middle of the week so there was no crowd and no waiting. I ordered the baby back ribs with garlic potatoes.

The ribs were quite tasty and they were cooked very nicely. The are slathered in sauce, which was quite sweet. The ribs are fairly meaty and they were nicely done. I was expecting mashed potatoes, as that is how garlic potatoes usually come. These were boiled baby potatoes and they weren't all that good. They were ok, but not great. This particular dish is a good choice if you're not starving.

The service was fine and I had no issues. Would I go there again? Most likely. It's a very popular restaurant, especially later in the week.

6  Thank tcarlsonjr
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Staff .... we had a fab night .... great BIG amazing shout out needs to go to Caito she guided us effortlessly through the cocktail menu & supplied nibbles as required. Always returning with full tasty recommended concoction!! Great effort!!!

8  Thank Cat C