“Awesome”

Ranked #99 of 198 Restaurants in Rockhampton
Price range: USD 9 - USD 18
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Thai Basement provide a excellent atmosphere for both lunch and dinner diner. it is located in the Old Customs House. Try our most popular Pannang chicken curry, red duck curry and Cashew nuts dishes and you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Beautiful old building, felt extremely welcome when we arrived and it just got better! The service was fast food was amazing and prices reasonable! Definitely give it a go!!!

1  Thank davilian

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Whilst the food was just as delicious as always left feeling with a very sour taste in my mouth. Ordered my takeaway lunch and was short of cash by approximately 40c. I would have to pay via card. However they now have a surcharge of $1 when you pay by card. All meals are over $10. I won't be going back on principle.

2  Thank Kate P
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Booked a table on a Thursday nite as a couple. Was meet at the door nice greet and given a nice table for two. Had to go to the bar for a drink. Entrée was very fast and followed by our meal. I made sure he understood my meal and he said yes and i order a large meal. Meal was not what i ordered and the meal was enough to feed a child. Never came back to see if we wanted more drinks.....anyway wont be back........just sayin

1  Thank terrysargeson
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

The initial surroundings of the old building and the well set tables made me believe I had made a good choice.
However, when I ordered the spring rolls as an entree, they were very ordinary and I wanted to order the Jungle Curry and was told that the chef was not able to make this, through on the menu. The reason ? He had run out of Jungle Curry paste.
Can you believe that a restaurant woukd use a bought in paste.
So.... I ordered the Panang and very ordinary and had no mushrooms at all and Was obviously made using a jar paste

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I ordered a Thai beef salad and was given a garden salad (a poorly made one) and told it was a Thai beef salad. After stating that this was a garden salad (costing $16.95) I received the response, "sorry this is just how we do it ". Rip off, don't go here!