Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.com
TravelocityUSD 103
CheapTicketsUSD 103
Orbitz.comUSD 103
1,208 results
All reviews the river travel lodge room was clean staff were friendly buffet breakfast business trip car parking would stay again short stay central location good size easy access one night stay great value for money road trip travelodge balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 December 2020 via mobile

Had read some average reviews and was a little worried. Upon check in the staff were lovely. Booked a standard river view room and was on the 6th floor. When I entered I felt like I was walking into a new hotel. The room was very clean and new. There wasn’t really anything I could fault about the room. Love that they even have Nespresso machines which is a really nice touch. Would 100% stay again if passing through Rockhampton

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Karley Beasy, General Manager at Mercure Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2021

Dear Steven,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 13 December 2020

Well located. Room was smaller sized but nice enough. The air com was not very cold and had a bad smell. I ended up turning it off. Iron was dirty. That being said the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear MattyJohn2020,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am so pleased that you found the team to be friendly and helpful and hope they were able to rectify the issue with the air con and also replace your iron.

Reviewed 20 November 2020

We only stayed one night on the way further north, but it’s a nice hotel, we got a river view room which was nice. Close to restaurants and pubs. There’s a nice walkway along the river for your morning exercise

2  Thank Julie S

Dear Julie,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 17 November 2020

Before I start this review I will say its is under going a refit which is well overdue. Location is brilliant so a positive. I was however disappointed by paying $169 a night for one of the worst rooms I have stayed in. Stains all over carpet and carpet rotting with a strange smell. I didn't expect the Ritz but I didn't expect to feel dirty when I left. You will see by the photos it is well away from the site photos so I felt was deceiving and as far as I can recall, no mention of maintenance or fact it was well worn out (maybe I missed it). Would be a great backdrop for a horror move scene where a semi high rise is needed. Sorry but even at $90 a night I would be disappointed. Others staying in our party said exact same thing so not just me. Day staff were awesome but bloke on counter at evening had attitude and seemed fully flustered ie everything was an effort. I always do honest fair reviews good or bad and this was not good 2 out of 10 for me. Wont book again until refit. P.S Bed was like a rock & aircon had a tractor motor in it. No one in our group had any sleep.

Room tip: Don't stay until after refit
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ian K

Dear Ian,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
I am sorry to read your comments, but do believe that the refurbishment will address the issues you have noted.

Reviewed 10 November 2020 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here, staff were warm and friendly, room was clean but very worn. Reception did tell us they were in the middle of upgrading the hotel.
On our second day we went to open the door and neither key worked. We then had to go to reception, to be told so we made a mistake we cut the key for 1 night not 2.
That ruined it for me as those mistakes should not happen. Also when our room was serviced they did not replace milk or disposable plates and cutlery. We had to go ask for milk

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kasspper

Dear Kasspper,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am so pleased that you were happy with our service.
I am sorry that there was an error when cutting your keys and will certainly ensure this is discussed with the reception team. I will also discuss the lack of replacement of items with housekeeping. This is well below the standard of service we pride ourselves on.