“Great meal”

Ranked #6 of 208 Restaurants in Rockhampton
Price range: USD 0 - USD 22
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The place to find Rockhampton Accommodation is right here at Motel 98. While there are a range of Rockhampton Motels to choose from, Motel 98 has stood the test of time and is the Rockhampton Motel of choice for the business, leisure and holiday traveller. Located in the heart of Rockhampton's Riverfront precinct on the banks of the Fitzroy River, Motel 98 offers an oasis with tropical gardens, resort style pool and leading Rockhampton Restaurant 98. All executive king suites have been redecorated including pillowtop beds for a luxurious sleep. From here you're only five minutes drive from the Rockhampton Airport and less than 40 minutes drive from stunning beaches and islands of the Capricorn Coast. A few minutes walk or a short drive will have you at major shopping centres or in the CBD retail precinct. Motel 98 Rockhampton specialises in corporate business, sporting and other groups and family holiday accommodation. So if you're looking for a clean, well appointed Rockhampton Motel with friendly and attentive staff who understands service, together with a quiet convenient location off the highway, then Motel 98 is for you.
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Maybe I sound like a snobby toff from the big smoke but I was surprised to find this gem at our hotel stop. We had a starter of oysters (one of each option on the menu) and they were delicious. We then had medium rare porterhouse steak and it was cooked to perfection. To make the evening great I could not fault the service. All in all a good meal!

1  Thank Mhors
Janet K, Owner at Restaurant 98, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2016

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you next time you are in Rockhampton.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Well what can I say except "Amazing" I had the Morton bay bug mornay yum yum yum and hubby had the Reef and Beef his comment was " this is the best I have had in a long time the steak just melts in your mouth and flavours are yum" definitely will be back again

1  Thank 05nicole69
Janet K, Owner at Restaurant 98, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Thank you for your review. See you next time.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Beautiful food and reasonable prices. I hightly recommend this reastaurant. best restraunt food I have had in long while.

1  Thank Ausietravler
Janet K, Owner at Restaurant 98, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

The services was superb.

We ordered a medium steak, and was served one which is slightly more well done than it should be. We made a feedback to the waitress. She apologised, and immediately arranged for the kitchen to re-do our steak. The chef personally presented the new steak thereafter, and stayed on while we cut the steak to ensure that it is indeed medium and to our liking. We were simply amazed by the level of service and professionalism rendered.

And moreover, this incident took place at 10am. Most restaurants would have already been preparing for closing.

Janet K, Manager at Restaurant 98, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you back at Restaurant 98 soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Restaurant 98 has the potential to be a great restaurant, but needs a few things improved. The food is quite expensive (higher than the surrounding places) and could be that next level that you are looking for.
I have been a number of times with work colleagues, and it seems to be the same pattern each time. The service is fairly poor as you seem to wait forever for you course to come out. A few times not all the meals for the group have not been delivered with everyone else and given the delay they were obviously forgotten to be cooked. This is a steak restaurant and while it is good food, it is not great. The taste just seems to be lacking.
I would return again, but only if I have the time to wait and I am not paying for the experience. If you can get in, go up the road for the same cost but a much better experience.

2  Thank Moei-Oz
Janet K, Owner at Restaurant 98, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Thank you for your comments. As the owner of the restaurant I am very disappointed to hear of your experience, this is not what we want to hear about our service. I have had a serious talking to the wait staff to ensure that long waiting does not happen again. I am not sure why a meal was delayed all I can do it apologize for it.
We ensure that our steak is of a high quality and this does come at a cost but I do believe we are competitive with the restaurants within the vicinity.
I invite you to please come again as I am sure that the experience you had does not happen again.