“Excellent Steak, good service, friendly atmosphere”

The Bush Inn Bar & Grill
Ranked #30 of 200 Restaurants in Rockhampton
Price range: USD 8 - USD 34
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bush Inn Bar & Grill Steak House is part of this wonderful old family-owned hotel, serving good honest straight forward food at very reasonable prices. It is naturally strong on steak, and its varied dishes are of high quality, well prepared and well presented. There's a sensible wine list, including some Queensland wines. Cheerful efficient service in a pleasant atmosphere makes this dining experience a real pleasure.
Reviewed 25 July 2017

If you're looking for a steak dinner, this is the place. My steak was cooked perfectly, as were the sweet potato wedges. The vegetables were overcooked, but were a good mix of green beans, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and pumpkin. Where else can you get a 400 gm steak dinner for $26? As an added bons, they have Bulmers cider on tap.

RynoTheCri, Owner at The Bush Inn Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Hi there MonkeyQueenToronto

Thanks for the lovely review i have posted this to my staffs facebook page so they will keep an eye on the veges ... So happy you enjoyed your Cri time we pride ourselves on great steak and customer service... Travel safe see you next time around. Cheers Ryno

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Would highly recommend this place for somewhere to get a great meal and not over priced. I had the smaller steak cook to perfection and the mushroom gravy best I've had for a long time. My partner had the reef and beef well worth it steak cooked beautifully topped with 3 big prawns and calamari. And my son had the bush pie melt in your mouth. Loved the bar and grill area the set out looked like an old fashioned pub. Definitely be back

RynoTheCri, Owner at The Bush Inn Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear sjparrott131007
So Glad you enjoy the Criterion. Travel safe see you next time.
Cheers
Ryno

Reviewed 16 December 2016

My wife and I stayed two nights enjoying two breakfasts, one lunch and two dinners. Servings were generous, prices were reasonable and service was fast and friendly.

Dear TheSnark001
Glad you enjoyed ya selves, see ya next time.
Cheers
Ryno

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I got the house made rissoles, and they came out raw inside..... I sent them back (nicely of course), and the solution was the chef just got the same rissoles and put them back on the grill... And the result was a mess and mush of mince plonked back on my plate..... Just wasn't right in my mind.

The veges that came with the meal were 90% beans and zucchini, with one piece of carrot, and a quarter piece of broccoli..... Just a weird mix of veg, and clearly no care taken to ensure a good mix.

The taste of the meal was below average as well. Not an experience that will get me back there.

1  Thank TheClarkeClan
RynoTheCri, Owner at The Bush Inn Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

Hi there I am sorry your Bush Inn Bar & Grill experience wasnt what you would have expected. I will pass your review on to my Head Chef and wait staff. Once again I am sorry. If you have any more concerns please email me ryan@thecriterion.com.au cheers

Reviewed 26 September 2016

This restaurant is an always must when we regularly visit. Great atmosphere and the food is always on point. The only real steakhouse that I feel safe ordering a Blue Steak.

To avoid the big queues try and order before 6.30pm or you may have trouble getting a seat.

My recommendations...

Rocky Rump or the Mixed Grill....with heaps of pepper sauce

1  Thank Chay77
RynoTheCri, Owner at The Bush Inn Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Rocky Beef Injection... I love it. So glad you enjoy the Cri... Cheers for the Great Review. Cheers Ryno