“It is good new motel. Clean, fresh and unexciting.”

Rocky Resort Motor Inn
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I stayed at this motel for 1 night with my daughter while driving to Brisbane. Everything was fine and room was clean and fresh being obviously quite a new motel. That said there was nothing really special about it. For an overnight stay it was fine.

Thinks to know:
- "Free Internet" is limited.

I arrived without a reservation and paid the rate asked. We had a room with a double bed and two singles which I think cost us more than a twin, although we only needed two beds.

I forget the exact rate I paid (around $148 RO), $200 by the time we had added breakfast. At the time I felt this was a bit overpriced, but was too tired to go and check out the other motels in the street offering "rooms from" $65 - $80.

Leaning over the counter in the morning, when checking out I noticed other peoples invoices were for $135 p/n.

Room was comfortable, clean, and I slept well. Breakfast was good. We did not use the restaurant.

We used the internet, and it worked. I was given a voucher for the first 3 hours free, after that there was charge. This was not a problem for us, but I thought it a bit rude when there is very big sign out the front saying "Free Internet". I thought free should mean free all day. Not a problem to me, but it would be to some people.

Summary, Nice but not exceptional.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Rocky Resort Motor Inn

Reviewed 25 November 2010

I have just come back from our 3 night stay at The Rocky Resort and have to say that this is an exceptionally well run Motel. From the wonderful staff Don the owner and his lovely family to the incredible staff he has working for him we can not of asked for more. We were looked after in every aspect and as this is not our first stay here so I would not stay any where else in Rockhamton now. They have an amazing resturant with lovely reasonable tasty food and a small cocktail bar. The beds are by far the most comfortable beds I have slept in in a motel for a long time and the rooms are immaculately clean. It is very peaceful and we really enjoyed the outdoor sitting area for a cappuchino.We would really like to thank Don and his staff as we had bearevment and the care and personal touch we received from himself and staff made things so much easier for us> So I would happily reccommend that you stay at the Rocky Resort for a comfortabel relaxing stay.
Suzanne O'Reilly
Ireland

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank aussiegirlireland
Reviewed 15 November 2010

i have actuall been staying at this motel for many months now. I travel all over queensland quite regularly. I just wish to say that this is one of the best I have stayed at The rooms are very clean and tidy. you can get a very good night sleep there.
Apart from that the professionalism of the staff and management is excellent. very warm and courteous.
i think however that the restaurant beats all this. the food is superb. I have never had a bad meal there.Very wellcooked and presented.
Overall, i have recommended it to many people and no one has disagreed with me.
Nice home away from Home

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank CaloundraWattsy
Reviewed 13 November 2010

always help full and friendly.
nice clean modern rooms.
not far from city center on main road..
smoke free PROPERTY not just rooms,this is not a drama for me i am not fussed but be aware as some might care.
great restaurant and good food.
under cover parking.
recommended. posted by; andy buchan

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank andybuchan5
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Quite a good motel in Rockhampton, Certainly one of the quieter ones that I've stayed in.
A good sized room with a 2 seater lounge but missing a few things.
Bed was comfortable, however the pillows were soft and pretty useless.
There are two LCD TV's in the room. They are both cheap Chinese/Asian brands and reception was average, certainly nowhere near what you would expect.
The shower head is only small and doesn't give great water pressure but it is adequate.
There is no toaster or microwave, only a kettle.
The rooms was however spotless.
One of the better ones Iv'e stayed at in Rockhampton.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business