Denison Boutique Hotel(Rockhampton)
USD 100
USD 92
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 107/night.

USD 130
USD 126
Hotels.com
Best Western Cattle City Motor Inn(Rockhampton)(Great Value!)
USD 75
USD 132
USD 128
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
The Q Motel Rockhampton(Rockhampton)(Great Value!)
USD 69
USD 67
Hotels.com
USD 92
USD 89
Priceline
All reviewssteakaward winningthe main roadcompliments to the chefsunshine coaststay there againwell stocked mini barqueen sizenight stopovergreat roomquick tripbotanical gardensgreat stophome away from homethe managerscomfortable bedsstayed one night
Reviewed 13 November 2010

always help full and friendly.
nice clean modern rooms.
not far from city center on main road..
smoke free PROPERTY not just rooms,this is not a drama for me i am not fussed but be aware as some might care.
great restaurant and good food.
under cover parking.
recommended. posted by; andy buchan

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank andybuchan5
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Quite a good motel in Rockhampton, Certainly one of the quieter ones that I've stayed in.
A good sized room with a 2 seater lounge but missing a few things.
Bed was comfortable, however the pillows were soft and pretty useless.
There are two LCD TV's in the room. They are both cheap Chinese/Asian brands and reception was average, certainly nowhere near what you would expect.
The shower head is only small and doesn't give great water pressure but it is adequate.
There is no toaster or microwave, only a kettle.
The rooms was however spotless.
One of the better ones Iv'e stayed at in Rockhampton.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank scotts9401
Reviewed 4 February 2010

My Husband and I had travelled to Rocky for my husband to have sinus / nasal operation stayed at the Rocky Resort Motel the room was nice however the service / manager was terrible we ended up leaving at 9.30pm that night.

We had ordered steaks for dinner and they arrived an hour and ½ later, we were originally happy with the meals until my husband who ordered the t-bone went to chew on the bone and discovered it was rotten, as his nasal cavity is totally blocked he has very little sense of smell. He kindly informed the receptionist who apologised and offered a replacement meal my husband declined. Soon after there was another call offering a free desert or wine we also declined. The plates where retuned and shortly after the manager called accusing my husband of chasing a free meal – He was horrified at this accusation. His intention was to inform the kitchen of the ROTTEN MEAT as to make them aware of the issue. Upon further discussion the chef accused us again – stating that the meat is cry-vaced and thus the smell. Being from a cattle station we KNOW when MEAT IS ROTTEN.. We were so offended and discussed with managements bullying us we check out of the hotel and will never return.

My husband was servery sick from the meat and his operation was postponed as a result. If you can afford to get sick i recommend you eat at the motel!

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank coalandcountry
rockyresort, Manager at Rocky Resort Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2010

Management took this guest’s complaint very seriously, immediately investigating the situation and discussing the issue with the chef and with the butcher the following day.
Management was advised that there was no reason or evidence that the meat should be bad as it is delivered daily and cryo packaged with two steaks to a bag. As the guest had not left any of the meat on his plate, the second steak in the bag was inspected and was in good condition and smelled as it should. In the chef’s view, the meat was not rotten as advised; however the guest was given the benefit of the doubt.
A meeting was organised to explain to both guests the outcome of the analysis and it was made clear that the guest would not be charged for his meal. The guest went on to state that his partner’s meal was perfect, as was his, before contradicting himself saying his steak was rotten. Once again, management advised that there would be no charge for his meal, but that his partner would still be expected to pay as there was no problem with hers. The guest then became very abusive, yelling profanities and threatening to ‘sort the chef out’ outside. During this outburst, management advised on multiple occasions that the police would be called if the guest did not cease resorting to bad language, in front of staff the young female staff, and threats of physical abuse towards the chef.
Once everything had calmed down the guests decided to leave on their own accord, despite management offering them the option of staying until morning. After the guests had left, their room was inspected and multiple empty beer cans and general rubbish was strewn all across the room.
Each year we sell up to 1,600 steaks at Rocky Resort Motor and this is the first complaint we have ever had concerning the steak being ‘rotten’. In hindsight, given the guest’s self report of sinus and nasal problems, this may have influenced his perception of the smell and flavour of the meat.

Reviewed 17 January 2010

As far as I am aware of this motel is only 6 months old so it is newest one in the area. Very modern and high standard. Very clean. Loved the pool!!! Would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MaciejM
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I recently returned to Rocky Resort (I'm in Rockhampton every month) to the usual warm welcome from the managers and their staff and commented on how I was pleased to be back in a motel that feels like a second home. Later I wondered through reception, when I heard another guest questioning and then refusing to leave their credit card details. I went into the bar thinking "I can't remember the last time I haven't had to provide credit card details to confirm a reservation and check in, some people mustn't get out much, these complexes are worth millions of dollars, the rooms at RR all have flat screen TV and mini bars. The risk that your credit card will have insufficient funds to cover any damages is far greater than the risk of unauthorized charges!". Once the manager had resolved the issue, he popped up behind the bar and we got to chatting about managing guests expectations. He mentioned some of the difficulties they have and then mentioned this website. It got me thinking about the impact of these reviews and how much notice people take of reviewer’s opinions. I reflected on my own use of the website. I have frequently visited TripAdvisor when booking mainly international hotels and I have made decisions on where to stay based on other people's opinions.

I later returned to my very comfortable room, with my free broadband internet access (I pay up to $20/hr at other hotels) and logged on to TripAdvisor to read these reviews. I was shocked at the medial things people will have a moan about. The previous review complained about the cost of additional towels and bottled water at $5 (the minibar list in my room and every room I have stayed in here has 600ml bottles of water at $2.50, so I think this was just a generous exaggeration, which instantly had me questioning the validity of the rest of the comment mades. I think charging for additional towels is common practice and should be encouraged from an environmental perspective. Last week-end I stayed in a "resort " in Noosa. We were supplied with 1 towel per person for the entire duration of our 4 night stay and there was a $5 charge on pool towels. At least RR supply clean towels daily if you can't and won't re-use.

Reading these mistruths and exaggerations motivated me to write this posting. Of course I can't comment on the smell or cleanliness of the room that guest stayed in but I can say that I in my numerous stays, I have never noticed the rooms to be anything but clean and fresh. The Motel has the best beds, I would love to take one home! The restaurant has yummy meals and overall I think it is a great value motel with a friendly atmosphere, which I always look forward to return to. A very pleasant change from most city based hotels.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business