“We WILL be back”

Rocky Resort Motor Inn
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
Reviewed 11 October 2011

we stayed at the Rocky Resort Motor Inn for 3 nights recently while my son had surgery at the nearby hospital. The location was perfect for us - nice and close to the hospital and fast food places a few minutes down the road to keep him happy rather than enduring hospital food. On arrival we had a very polite and informative check-in, and quickly parked to explore our room. We had a 2 bedroom unit, with one spacious king size bed in one room, and 2 singles in another. Both bedrooms, and the living area all had their own tv, air conditioner and thick blackout curtains. It contained a large fridge and microwave as well as clean glasses (wrapped in hygienic paper covers) The whole room was spotless - no dust, a great fresh smell and the cleanest bathroom I have ever seen in a motel - sparkly shower screens and not a bit of mould or discoloured grout to be seen. After staying at other hotels / apartments around Rockhampton this was a very happy change to what we have had in the past. On our final night we went to the restaurant for dinner. The kids meals arrived quickly, and ours followed a few minutes behind. We had expected a much longer wait due to how bust the place was. The staff were super helpful (even when I explained I have a severe allergy to garlic and helped me choose a safe meal). The waygu steak was like ice-cream - it simply melted in my mouth. I have eaten plenty of top class and top price steak, but I have never had one like this - it was like eating steak flavoured ice-cream - tender and a great taste. The size was also very generous - I could not get through all my steak - which did upset me. I wish they opened at lunchtime so I could pop in for a steak when we have day trips to Rockhampton.
I have been very satisfied with all aspects of my stay, from when I rang to make our reservation, to the confirmation email received to when we arrived and left at the hotel. We will be back to stay again soon.

Room Tip: 2 levels, so if you have dodgy knees maybe book a room on the ground floor to save going up the stai...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa D

Reviewed 14 July 2011

This was our third stay at Rocky Resort, so we can truly base this review on experience other than a 'one night stay'. The rooms were spotless and smelt fresh, with a slight fragrance throughout the unit. There was everything you need, in each part of the unit.

This included the normal shampoo and conditioner, soap, towels and tissues, with spare items, in the event that you should use then up!

A Flat screen television in the front lounge area, and in the bedroom. The mini bar was filled with everything you could ever wish for. There was white wine in the fridge, and red wine on the shelf above, at room temperature. The cups and glasses were clean and wrapped in protective paper, to keep them hygienic.

The beds and linen were clean, fresh and very comfortable. The Air conditioner and the controls worked! As did the remotes for the T.V.s, plus they were friendly useable...

The food in the Restaurant, was top quality, plenty on the plate and served hot! We ate there for Dinner and Breakfast, with constant quality and great cheerful service. You could easily believe that you were in a top restaurant, anywhere in Australia.

I left the Motel, stating to the manager and staff, that the only complaint I had, was that there was nothing to complain about... :o)

Would recommend this Motel to all people wanting to stay at a Motel, and leave with pleasant memories. Something that a lot of the Motel's, don't leave you with.

Bill and Christine Scurry

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill_1979
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Quite surprised by some of the negative reviews ! Our experience could not have been better. We were on a holiday around Eastern Australia and arrived from Airlie Beach without a reservation but reccomended by the manager of the hotel we stayed at in Airlie Beach.

We were made very welcome and the room was so clean my wife wondered if it had just been renovated. We had both our evening meal and breakfast at the motel and they were excellent.

The Rocky resort is a motel - not a holiday hotel. It was clean, tidy and just what we wanted. We wish the hotel proprietor and staff all the best and with our hopes that they have a less stressful time in the future with no more floods !

Room Tip: Excellent place to stop over on your way south !
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OAP-105
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I stayed at this motel for 1 night with my daughter while driving to Brisbane. Everything was fine and room was clean and fresh being obviously quite a new motel. That said there was nothing really special about it. For an overnight stay it was fine.

Thinks to know:
- "Free Internet" is limited.

I arrived without a reservation and paid the rate asked. We had a room with a double bed and two singles which I think cost us more than a twin, although we only needed two beds.

I forget the exact rate I paid (around $148 RO), $200 by the time we had added breakfast. At the time I felt this was a bit overpriced, but was too tired to go and check out the other motels in the street offering "rooms from" $65 - $80.

Leaning over the counter in the morning, when checking out I noticed other peoples invoices were for $135 p/n.

Room was comfortable, clean, and I slept well. Breakfast was good. We did not use the restaurant.

We used the internet, and it worked. I was given a voucher for the first 3 hours free, after that there was charge. This was not a problem for us, but I thought it a bit rude when there is very big sign out the front saying "Free Internet". I thought free should mean free all day. Not a problem to me, but it would be to some people.

Summary, Nice but not exceptional.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I have just come back from our 3 night stay at The Rocky Resort and have to say that this is an exceptionally well run Motel. From the wonderful staff Don the owner and his lovely family to the incredible staff he has working for him we can not of asked for more. We were looked after in every aspect and as this is not our first stay here so I would not stay any where else in Rockhamton now. They have an amazing resturant with lovely reasonable tasty food and a small cocktail bar. The beds are by far the most comfortable beds I have slept in in a motel for a long time and the rooms are immaculately clean. It is very peaceful and we really enjoyed the outdoor sitting area for a cappuchino.We would really like to thank Don and his staff as we had bearevment and the care and personal touch we received from himself and staff made things so much easier for us> So I would happily reccommend that you stay at the Rocky Resort for a comfortabel relaxing stay.
Suzanne O'Reilly