“Beautiful Queenslander, excellent hosts”
Review of Athelstane House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockhampton
Athelstane House
Ranked #6 of 14 Rockhampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stan and Marion were excellent and helpful hosts, and they have lovingly restored this outstanding heritage accommodation with beautiful furnishings and artwork, while including all modern conveniences and delicious breakfast. Our room had French doors onto the wrap around verandah, with lovely views over the garden and across the city, and was very quiet. The house is up on the hillside near the Botanic Gardens, with many other beautiful houses and gardens around.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Where do I start? Stan and Marion were an absolute pleasure and took great care of us. The room was nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. The shower in the bathroom is probably the best shower I have ever had in my life, incredible. We only stayed in Rockhampton as a stopover but decided to head out for a bite and a few drinks, so instead of grabbing a taxi into town Stan insisted that he drove us. Nice touch. The next morning we were treated a beautifully cooked breakfast, one of the best we had on our honeymoon. A lovely place to stay and I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you are in Rockhamton, then stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I found myself stranded in Rockhampton after a car accident and came to stay at Athelstane House until I could travel home. I was so lucky to find such a wonderfully serene and peaceful location. The delicious and beautifully presented breakfast is served on the gracious 'Queenslander' verandah, this is a glorious time of the day so try and take the time to enjoy this. My room was beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. I could use the lounge and kitchen and had everything I needed, nothing was missing. The house like their guests is well cared for, with attention to the smallest detail. Stan and Marion went out of their way to help me from the moment I arrived late at their door to the day I left.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2011

After a long car ride, we were hapy to stay in this lovely Queensland house. Marion and Stan were very friendly and offered us an excellent breakfast every morning including fresh fruits and freshly squeezed orange juice. The big room was very comfortable and had a nice veranda were we had our breakfast or tea in the afternoon. In any case this B&B is recommendable!

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hekh_S
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Beautiful old Queenslander house in a quiet residential area. Comfortable room with verandah and everything you needed, including a glass of sherry or port. Breakfast was fresh fruit platter, freshly squeezed orange juice, a  choice of hot food and toast. The owners were friendly, welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011