I've been to Port Douglas a few times, and each time exploring somewhere new to stay. For the past 2 times however, i have stayed here at the Rendezvous due to relaxed and friendly vibe. The pools are brilliant, BBQs fantastic, beach-like villa's, and ultra-friendly staff. As for the villas, they have large balconies, full kitchens, laundries, large LCD tvs, air-con in all the rooms, and even a garage/car-port. Not to mention the ever-so-convenient bike rack, as i like to ride around town.
I have to agree with the previous review - that it's a bit unfair that people complain about the lounges being a slightly firm: seriously why would you visit Port Douglas if you are going to sit all day watching tv?! Go hire a car (or a bike), and drive up to Cape Tribulation, or to Cook Town, or to Mossman Gorge. Go for a dive on the reef, chill at the Courthouse Hotel, or the Iron Bar...but dont sit inside!
As for transport, every shuttle bus stops at the Rendezvous, so it's extremely easy to get in-and-out of town. I've walked it several times and it is not as far as what people make it out to be.
Other amenities include a 25m lap pool, a gym, and loads of open space to kick around a footy with your mates and enjoy a beer or 2. Many people have said that this is a family resort for kids, but we've also met loads of other young travellers there who we have spent several nights out together.
I am going back to Port Douglas for another holiday later this year, and will be staying right here at the Rendezvous.
Thank you Rendezvous for making my stay at Port Douglas as best as it could be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reef Resort Port Douglas by Rydges offers two storey 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas each with a kitchen, laundry, separate lounge and dining areas, TV/DVD player and balcony or patio in over 110 square metres of living. Set on 15 acres of lush tropical gardens offering plenty of room to spread out and enjoy the facilities which include 2 large lagoon-style pools, 1 leisure pool, a children's pool, children's playground, gymnasium, 25m lap pool, tennis courts and a family BBQ area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Otel, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Reef Resort Port Douglas by Rydges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Reef Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Rendezvous Reef Port Douglas
- Rendezvous Reef Hotel Port Douglas
- Reef Resort Port Douglas By Rydges