The location is excellent. No more than a 10 minute walk to restaurants, pubs, marina, Coles, etc. We had a 2BR inter-connected room which was nice. The pool area was also nice with a free BBQ as an added touch. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful...when they were there.
There were however a couple downsides that would make me reconsider staying here again. The main one was the noise. We stayed on the Grant St side which was exceptionally noisy. We stayed for 10 nights and every day we were woken up by either the leaf blower at 7am, people on the street after the pubs closed or noisy neighbours upstairs (one night they were partying until 6am). The other downside was the staffing of the front desk. There was hardly ever anyone there. On 3 occasions the desk was unstaffed when we needed beach towels. I could see them behind the desk but couldn't get to them. If the desk is going to be unstaffed during the day then leave out a sufficient amount of beach towels. Or at least don't tease me by leaving them in sight but out of reach.
Other downsides - no dishwasher. I would trade the spa bath for a dishwasher. Had to pay for wi-fi.
Overall, I have stayed in better places in Port Douglas but none in a better location. If you prefer location then this place is perfect...just request an inside pool facing room. If you prefer a larger pool and peaceful then look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra in the Village offers a range of accommodation from hotel rooms to self-contained one and two bedroom suites, all rooms include air conditioning, ceiling fans, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea and coffee making facilities and cable TV. Our one and two bedroom suites offer the extra convenience of kitchenette facilities as a private balcony complete with whirlpool spa. Featuring a large Roman-inspired pool and spa with mosaic tiling, cascading waterfalls and fountains set amongst tropical landscaped gardens. The resort offers complimentary parking, in-room internet connection and lift for easy access to the car park, rooms and apartments and street level. Port Douglas provides plenty of attractions and entertainment, including local markets on Sundays, the Marina Mirage complex with over 40 specialty shops, restaurants and galleries, and the famous Four Mile Beach. At Mantra in the Village you are perfectly located to explore everything Port Douglas has on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mantra, Agoda, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra in the Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra In The Village Hotel Port Douglas
- Mantra In The Village Port Douglas